|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
I guese I better drink up. I'm not a big cola drinker but I struggle with drinking water.
Edited by: GODZDESIGN95 at: 3/15/2007 (08:10)
BEING CONFIDENT OF THIS VERY THING, THAT HE WHICH HAS BEGUN A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL PERFORM IT UNTIL THE DAY OF JESUS CHRIST.
25 BLC FBI
24 BLC FBI
23 BLC stingrays
22 rocking rose rangers.
Thank God I gave up ALL soda years ago!
"Love God in front of others, and love others in front of God."
"The most self-destructive thought that any person can have is thinking that he or she is not in total control of his or her life. That's when, 'Why me?' becomes a theme song."
"Kindness is the language that the blind can see and the deaf can hear."
makes me feel good to know i gave up soda for lent
I'm not certain about the diet coke, however I do know that there is an ingredient (I can't remember what it's called right now) that is addictive in diet soda and that's why those people who drink a lot of it, when they try to stop, they get really bad headaches and feel like crap.
Oh my word! That is really some strong stuff... lol I never would have imagined that! :o) I guess I need to rethink my choice of drinks. lol (Is Diet Coke just as bad?) lol
The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
mythbusters showed the coke cleaning blood from the ground one day--i'd have never thunk it.
i've never been the biggest coke drinker. hadn't had one in over a year. the closest thing we have around here is dr. pepper, but the carbonation's just too harsh for me to take--that and i can only drink decaf'd stuff now.
but using it to clean stains from a toilet? man, i need to get some bottles of that then, at least for that.
I'm a nerd out of habit, not out of spite.
"This is a revolution, dammit...we're going to have to offend SOMEBODY!!!"--John Adams, "1776"
Wow! That's some pretty amazing facts to swallow. After being a soda drinker all my life, I have been coke free for 2 weeks...and still going.
"Until you find something worth dying for, you're not really living."
~ Rebecca St. James
"The more painful it is, tragically, the more you learn, though, that's the good part."
~ Sylvia Browne
I am glad I gave up soda for water. :O)
Thought all you Coca cola drinkers and water drinkers (or wannabe water drinkers) would appreciate these facts. I'm sending this out on every spark team I belong to so I apologize if you received it a few or more times from me.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world’s population.)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
3. Even mild dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism at 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Coca Cola facts:
1. In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of coke into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in coke removes the bowl stains.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds wrap aluminum foil dipped in coke.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of coke over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: apply a cloth soaked in coke to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To remove grease from clothing: Empty a can of coke into the load of greasy cloths, add detergent and run through a regular cycle. The coke will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your car windshield.
8. The active ingredient in coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.
9. To transport Coca cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous material sign reserved for highly corrosive materials.
10. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years now!