I'm am still thinking about my specific goals for the year but I have some general ones. I only started riding last year and made huge strides. I doubt I will be able to do that again so my goal will be to fine-tune my skills. I will probably keep my mileage goal the same as this year because I will be away all of July won't be able to ride.
• Ride 3000 km
• Do lots of hill work to increase my speed/power
• Ride to work as often as possible in the spring (I just watched An Inconvenient Truth). It's only 7 km round trip so won't put on the miles but I"ll have my bike there and can go for an after-school ride much easier.
• Practice on the local TT route. (Maybe even actually do a real one? :)
• Practice our local steep hill climb (Knox Mountain)
• Go on the local Sunday ride at least once. Try not to be last.
• Ride as far as I can from Banff to Jasper in June (the boys are doing the whole 300 km in one day. I won't be able to keep up but will do my best, at least until my butt hurts too much :)
• Climb Alpe D'Huez in July with only 14 stops. :)
It's never too late to be who you might have been.
Weight goal: 115-120 lbs May 1, 2012?
Check out my blog and podcast for beginning triathletes! kelownagurl.com
| current weight: 126.0