I recently invested in cycling shoes and clipless pedals. These are the first time I made this step up in gear for performace improvement.
I have adjusted to connecting and disconnecting without problems. Now comes the next part, what is the best means to train myself to take full advantage of their benefit. I think I get the basic concept, push down and forward, pull up and back, but only seem to do this when actively concentrating on it. This needs to become automatic and I have always been impatient when learning new "tricks".
Thanks in advance for any advice.
1. Run 800 miles
6/9/12 - 162 mi
2. Walk 300 miles
6/9/12 - 124 mi
3. Ride 1,900 miles between the trainer and actual road work
326 miles Trainer
522 miles Road
4. Run the 10 mile Lighthouse Run in less than 90'
5. Get my 5K time to less than 25'
6. Complete at least 1 century bicycle ride
7. Complete at least 1 Pull-up
Managed 2 in March
| current weight: 250.0