The only limit is your wallet. Don't get hung up on brand.
1. Very few brands are being produced outside of Asia and what's not being made there usually is spendy
2. Steel is great and supple but you lose power
3. Carbon can vary greatly
4. Aluminum can be harsh but if you are a bigger guy it's not that bad especially if you have carbon seat stays and a carbon fork
5. Race bikes are harsh but powerful
6. Components matter
7. Wheels matter
8. Unless you weigh 170 lbs or less stay away from ultra light tube sets(I am talking frame materials not inner tunes)
9. Bike fit is crucially important
10. Shoes, pedals, saddles and Shorts all make a huge difference
I would suggest at minimum find a bike with full Shimano 105 components.
Bike companies often skimp on wheelsets or mix and match components.
I would be happy to send you further info.
One more thing, Chamois Butt'r, Get Some!
Edited by: RBOLDSTG at: 2/17/2009 (12:13)
| current weight: 252.0