I have been receiving Spark mails and E-mails asking me how I lost all of my weight! I won't be able to give you every detail but I can get you started with the main things that worked with me...
1. Use a 9 inch plate! By using a 9 inch plate you tend not to overeat (put down your fork between chews)
2, When you're through cooking, weigh out how much food you're eating and arrange it on the plate I usually don't go over the size of a deck of standard playing cards for protein, About half of my plate is fruits and vegetables All colors for variety, texture and taste, and 1 /2 cup of potatoes or brown rice.
3, When you're through plating your meal, put away the leftovers for another day... This will help you to stop snacking after the meal.
4. Do not drink soft drinks. Coke Pepsi, root-beer, Cream Soda. Each small can has up to 9 teaspoons of sugar in the contents.
5. Don't eat snacks that are high in sugars, sodium, etc. Try to keep to natural snacks, celery sticks, carrots, nuts, berries, Potato chips tend to have a great amount of sodium, oil, and preservatives. Cookies and pastries have too much sugar!
6.Stay Consistent. Don't go from good food to junk food... When I started my lifestyle change I purged all of the junk food out of my house. This may be harsh but if there's no junk food to eat that won't be a choice
7. I followed the Doctors instructions regarding eating for diabetes.
8. I sat down and made a plan of what I wanted to accomplish and what steps I needed to include to get there, then I started to research each step until I was satisfied that I could do it. Then I followed the plan
9. I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
10. If I have to sweeten my tea I use honey or Ste-via.
11. If you have to have a snack such as cookies, cake, pudding, chocolate...etc, don't deprive yourself of them... Simply use Moderation. Moderation is a good thing! If you crave a cookie, keep it to 1 or 2 cookies a day, bot a whole bag. If it's chocolate, try dark chocolate and only have enough just to taste and not to overindulge. Have that peice of birthday cake, but make it a sliver just so that you can participate with the others and not be miserable!
These are the basics of my plan. If you would like specifics, Spark-Mail me anytime and I'll even share recipes!
Until next time...
Ray Brookwell - My Spark Name is Jukebox2
Commit To Fit
Leader of the Motivational Members Team
Natural Health Using Herbs, Supplements and Vitamins Team
Co-Leader of the You're The Boss Of You Team
Co-Leader of the Challenge of Balancing Diet and Exercise Team
Co-leader of the Journey To A New You Team
Why Settle for Good When Better is Available and Best IS Achieveable!
In Order To Change Your Wei
| current weight: 242.0