George Stella's Low Carb Pumpkin Pound Cake
From: Livin' Low Carb and Lovin' It
* Vegetable oil spray, as needed
* 2 tablespoons wheat bran
* 2 1/2 cups almond flour
* 1 1/2 cups sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 7 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (no sugar added, imitation is usually best)
* Equipment: 9 by 5-inch loaf pan
* Serving Suggestion: homemade sugarless whipped cream
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Spray the loaf pan heavily with vegetable spray and sprinkle with the wheat bran, shaking the pan to coat on all sides--this will prevent sticking.
In a bowl whisk together the almond flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, pie spice, and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs and then whisk in the pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and stir to combine.
Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when stuck in the center, about 1 1/2 hours. Cool completely before removing from the pan. Slice into 12 portions.
Number of Servings: 16
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 19.5 g
Cholesterol: 451.9 mg
Sodium: 326.2 mg
Total Carbs: 7.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g
Protein: 17.3 g
-American consumers have no problem with carcinogens, but they will not purchase any product, including floor wax, that has fat in it. - Dave Barry
-My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four; unless there are three other people. - Orson Welles
-The food here is terrible, and the portions are too small. - Woody Allen
Co-Leader "Smart Carbing"
Co-Leader "Low Carb For Dummies"
Co-Leader "South Beach Diet"
|85 Days since: sitting on my butt for long periods of time