|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Let's get it done!
Seek first God's Kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well. So don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:33-34)
I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. Agatha Christie
Kierae - happily maintaining since 1/2009
Co-leads:South Beach Diet/Smart Carbing/GLBTQ Spark Network
More great challenges. Thank you!
“You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.”
"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday."
"A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes."
We will start our third month of 2012 this week. I hope you have made some progress with your goals. It's never too late to start.
Your challenges this week:
1. A new month begins in a couple of days so you need to critique your progress and reassess your goals. Tweak if needed.
2. If you don't blog you should. Your challenge is to blog at least once this week while noting progress, or lack there of, on your goals.
3. Are you experiencing a diet or exercise related problem that you could use help with? Reach out for help on the group forums. We are ready to help.
4. Read a Health A-Z topic that relates specifically to a condition that you have.
5. Track your food and view your daily nutrition feed back report. Note areas that need attention and work on those.
6. Everyone should be walking for health unless you are physically unable to. If you walk outside then change your usual walking path or if you use a treadmill change the incline or vary the speed.
7. Keep up with as many of your current challenges and goals as you have time for. Concentrate on the ones which will reap the most benefits for you - especially your problem areas. Continue to work on your former challenges - review your goals/mission statement/progress, make a new exercise goal if you need to, get your strength training and cardio in, avoid fast food and junk food, get your water in, practice mindful eating, get 7-8 hours of sleep a night, perform random acts of kindness, don't make excuses, eat on plan, continue with your healthy habit, make use of your workout music, offer other members support, eat a healthy breakfast/lunch/dinner, read a sparkpeople article every day, do something different every week, try a new healthy recipe, get as many spark points as possible, have a day of rest, find a motivational quote that has special meaning for you, exercise outside at least one day this week if the weather will permit, measure/weigh/track all your food, use your master grocery list, continue to explore smart carb websites, use your support system, maintain your reward system, practice visualization, sneak extra activity into your day, do a sparkpeople quiz, declutter for 15 minutes, list 5 things you are grateful for, ditch your fat clothes, huddle on your sparkteams, try a new fruit or veggie, share a diet tip on the forums on in your blog, welcome a new spark member, vary your reps or weights, use your stress relievers, keep your salt intake in the normal range.
Edited by: MORTICIAADDAMS at: 2/28/2012 (12:50)
-American consumers have no problem with carcinogens, but they will not purchase any product, including floor wax, that has fat in it. - Dave Barry
-My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four; unless there are three other people. - Orson Welles
-The food here is terrible, and the portions are too small. - Woody Allen
Co-Leader "Smart Carbing"
Co-Leader "Low Carb For Dummies"
Co-Leader "South Beach Diet"