I did "ok" with the 2nd week challenges. Drank all my water and then some. (Speaking of water, the nutritionist at the hospital told us that we should drink water before a meal, but NOT during a meal because that washes stuff down and one tends to eat more?) Just passing it along. An "A" for this part.
I do only eat at the table, however, I know I eat a little too fast and am distracted usually by reading, so I'll give myself a "C" on that one.
I always sleep at least 7 hours and usually closer to 8 hours. An "A" for that one.
Random acts of kindness - well, picked up a friend from the ER at 2:30 the other morning, guess that counts? A "B" for that.
Excuse free day? Probably a "D" for that one.
45 minutes of exercise - per day? not... For the week, yes and more.
Eat on plan all day - a "C" there, I did that some days of the week.
EWEFLUFFY IS NOW KICK-SS
TODAY IS THE TOMORROW YOU WORRIED ABOUT YESTERDAY. GET ON WITH IT!!
BEFORE YOU CAN START A NEW CHAPTER - YOU HAVE TO FIRST TURN THE PAGE!
Week 2 was a total flop! I am such an emotional eater. :-( Does anyone have tricks for staying away from emotional eating or staying on course? I am going to create a small vision page later today in hopes that it will help. I thought just a simple half sheet of paper that I could keep with me.
A neighborhood young man (20) passed away last weekend in a kayaking accident. We have known the family since he was 6. He was a GREAT kid! My kids were very upset. It was a roller coaster through the week and because of my emotions I didn't follow my eating plan. I should have been upset and will be for some time as I think about and pray for this family. But there is no need for me to get unhealthier and off-track because of it. How do others handle this?
I will be up for the challenge this week. My goal is to meet all of Morticia's goals.
Give your kids and extra hug, smile, or "I love you" today!
Doing pretty good in the second week of the challenge. Sleep is hard - have never been a long sleeper, but I'mll keep trying. Did take a nap yesterday as I wasn't feeling well so yesterday I got more than 8!! The one thing I haven't done this week is lose any lbs -- stuck on 160. lol
Hope all are doing well!
Originally from PA -Maryland since 1968
"What we do today, right now, will have an accumulated effect on all our tomorrows." Alexandra Stoddard
2) well, sort of! I generally eat lunch while working. I waitress so we don't actually get a sit down, off the clock, break.
3) 7-8 hrs sleep. That'll never happen! I average about 6. I just automatically wake up, no alarm needed.
4) A customer of mine left his wallet at the register. I ran out to the parking lot to return it to him.
5) Kind of.
6) did 30 minutes. I wasn't 'feeling' it AT ALL yesterday but I did do 30 minutes. I would have normally done 45 minutes of But considering I just didn't feel like working out I was happy with 30 minutes.
7) TOTALLY blew it! I did great in the mrng. But I just can't eat & work at the same time. I end up not really eating and then I'm starved by the time I get home. And I'm talking tummy rumbling, getting shaky hungry. I need to get something to keep in my purse that will hold me over from work to home. Any ideas for a P1 approved, purse keeping food?
Michele~Leader Motivation & Positive Attitude Team
We are starting our second week in the 2012 Challenge.
This week we need to concentrate on our mission statement and goals. In addition start working on the following tasks. Tell us how many days this week you were able to accomplish each of these tasks.
1. Get into the habit of getting your water in. Always try drinking a glass of water and then wait 20 minutes before you eat to see if you are really hungry and not just thirsty.
2. Practice mindful eating - Eat only at the table, take your time, and concentrate on enjoying your food without distractions while using all of your senses.
3. Get 7 to 8 hours sleep in 24 hours.
4. Perform random acts of kindness.
5. Have an excuse free day. Do what you say you will do.
6. Get in 45 minutes of exercise
7. Eat on plan all day. No cheating.
-American consumers have no problem with carcinogens, but they will not purchase any product, including floor wax, that has fat in it. - Dave Barry -My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four; unless there are three other people. - Orson Welles -The food here is terrible, and the portions are too small. - Woody Allen
Co-Leader "Smart Carbing" Leader "Low Carb For Dummies" Co-Leader "South Beach Diet" Leader "Low Carb Recipes Plus More"
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.