|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
I'm not sure if it works differently if you actually try to transfer an old account, but what my sister did was go to the BodyMedia site, click the "Get Started" link at the top, then follow the instructions for entering the serial number off the device since she didn't have the activation code from the box anymore (I'd thrown the box away years ago).
How did she do that? that is what I am having an issue with getting my current BB subscription to run in BM.
I know, I just bought a CORE about a month and a half ago because I preferred the BodyMedia site and wanted the option to link up with my SP account. Then less than a month later I got that email about BodyBugg migrating over to BodyMedia. Pretty much wasted $100! Oh well. I gave my old BodyBugg to my sister and she has it up and running with the BodyMedia site now.
Wow, that is great! I had a BodyBugg initially but grew dissatisfied with the reporting and support that Apex offered, so I got a BodyMedia Link. I'm much happier with the web interface and reporting that BodyMedia gives, plus BodyMedia links up with SparkPeople and a number of other sites. I think most BodyBugg owners will like the change.
Denise (Half Fanatic #1279) - PDT Time Zone
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
- William Bagshot
Body Bugg & Body Media GoWear Fit Co-Leader
It doesn't actually charge you for the subscription, if I recall correctly. They just want your credit card on file for when your BB subscription does run out and they need to start charging you.
this is the email I got "
As a loyal user, we want to make sure you are aware of important changes regarding your bodybugg system:
• bodybugg user data will be soon be managed by BodyMedia.
• Based on our records, we show you own either a bodybuggV3 or bodybuggSP.
• You will continue to have access to bodybugg.com or apex.com to manage your data until your subscription expires (see date below).
• You will not be able to renew your subscription at bodybugg.com after June 27, 2013.
YOUR SUBSCRIPTION EXPIRES ON: 9/13/2013
What You Need To Do
Prior to your bodybugg subscription expiration date, you must do the following in order to continue use of your armband and manage your data:
1. CHOOSE A SUBSCRIPTION PLAN
2. CREATE AN ACTIVITY MANAGER ACCOUNT
3. DOWNLOAD BODYMEDIA SYNC SOFTWARE
4. ACCEPT FIRMWARE UPGRADE
• To begin the changeover process, click here.
• Your data will not transfer to BodyMedia.
• You should print your data (such as My Goals, My Nutrition Plan, My Exercise Plan, etc) from your account at bodybugg.com or apex.com prior to your subscription expiration date.
For questions and support related to your:
• Current bodybugg subscription, contact 24 Hour Fitness Support at 866-314-9423.
• New BodyMedia product or subscription, contact BodyMedia Customer Support at 888.850.2639 or email@example.com.
When I click on the get started link it is making me buy a BM subscription when I have an active BB one I have a question out to tech support just thought I would share