I love it also,
The first recipe is very simply and I used it this yr.
I had the other one filed but don't know if I have used it. I use splenda instead of sugar so I can eat it. I did red and green by the simple recipe last week...Happy Canning.
3/4 c. green peppers
1 1/2 c. white vinegar
3/4 c. banana peppers
6 c. sugar
Grind or blend above ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes. Add 1 bottle Certo and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and add food coloring to make green color. Pour into jars and seal. Serve on crackers, spread with cream cheese.
Green or Red Pepper Jelly
7 sweet green or sweet red peppers
1 - 2 jalapeño or peppers
1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
1-1/2 cups apple juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
5 cups sugar
1 package powdered pectin
Green food coloring (red if using red peppers)
1. Wash peppers; remove stems and seeds; cut into 1/2-inch squares.
2. Puree half of the peppers and 3/4 cup vinegar. Puree remaining peppers and vinegar.
3. Pour into a large bowl and add apple juice. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Add mixture into a large pot. Stir in salt and pectin into pepper mixture.
5. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar and return to a rolling boil.
6. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam on top if necessary.
7. Add a few drops of green food coloring.
8. Pour into hot, sterilized jars, leaving1/4-inch head space. Adjust caps.
9. Process 5 minutes in boiling water bath.
Yield: About 6 half pints.
NOTE: Use caution when seeding hot pepper and do not let hands touch your face
| Pounds lost: 60.5