We have had canned goods keep for many, many years and still be good. We've eaten things over ten years old. If it's that old, I like to make sure it is well heated, which you can't do with jelly easily, but I'm sure this isn't old enough to be concerned about. Always look at the seal, and never eat something that didn't have a good seal when you open it. Also look at color, texture and smell. If it looks good, it probably is. There are things that will hurt you, and things that won't. A peice of moldy bread or soured milk taste bad, but they won't hurt you. If jelly's bad, you will taste it, but it doen't carry anything dangerous like botulism or anything. I would be more cautious of green beans and such. But you should be able to tell if it's bad.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.