In my organic gardening class we learned wasps are beneficial. I grew up afraid of them but I'm not allergic and have only been stung once as an adult, when I stepped on one barefoot. Of course no one likes a swarm on their front porch...
I never heard of it so I looked it up. Amazon.com has them, so I read a few reviews, the 1 star ones .... sounds like a good way to throw away your money. I just use a wasp spray when I find a nest. If you have yellow jackets you can make a trap out of a 2 liter soda bottle, or even just buy one.
Please, Please watch and listen for motorcycles while your out and about!
Peace, Love & Hugs Becky (^_^)
“We don't stop laughing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop laughing” ~ Michael Pritchard ~
current weight: 177.0
Fitness Minutes: (110,197) Posts: 4,936 3/29/13 8:27 A
We carefully remove all wasps' nests that we see (which is saying something with all of our outer buildings!) but we've also removed sweet fruit plants (persimmon trees, cherry, etc., grape vines) from anywhere near the house. I've never heard of them getting really into roses, though.
I'm all for killing them (I'm highly allergic!) with swatters, too. I know there are bazillions of them but we don't want them near the house/ me :)
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.