We have made many changes and are building family health traditions.
1. 15 minute walk after dinner/before bed everyday. The walk now involves all 15 kids from the neighborhood. We have wakers, bikers, scooters, all types of movement.
2. We pre-plan healthy menus and snack choices.
3. We allow ourselves one treat every week so that we don't binge.
4. We started eating at the table for all meals. We eat less, slower, and are enjoy each others company.
5. We try one new healthy food (the kids had star fruit this month for the first time) a month and one new healthy recipe a month (vegetarian enchillada's this month).
6. We hike every Saturday.
7. We have an eating rule. If you want a snack you have drink a glass of water. If you still want a snack eat a fruit or veggie first. If you still want the salty or sweet snack you can eat half of it. If you are still hungry drink a glass of water. Repeat.
8. We are religious and the kids now enjoy investigating whether Jesus would approve of the food.
| current weight: 161.0