|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Thought it would be fun to do this survey I found on an e-mail site I get.
When Do You Start Your Christmas/Holiday Decorating?
(1) Do you start the day or weekend after Thanksgiving? Or wait until farther along in December? Or, do you start even before Thanksgiving (Gasp!LOL!)?
(2) Do you put everything up yourself or have family help?
(3) How long does it take you to get everything up and reasonably tweaked . . . as I know most of us continue to tweak until we pack it all away again??
(4) When do you pack all your holiday things away? Do you get stuck doing it yourself or is it a family thing?
(5) And finally, is there anything you do to make taking the holiday decorations down and packing them away fun . . . or at least, not Bah-Humbuggy?
1. I start the weekend after Thanksgiving.
2. DH sets up the tree for me, but I do all the rest.
3.It takes me about 2 days to get it all done. I put up the tree first but don't decorate it until the next day. I do everything else first. I have a small 4 ft. white tree I do in red in our music/computer room and the 6 ft. pre-lit tree in the living room. I admit I'm always tweaking the tree all the time it is up...Just a habit of mine. I like to fuss with decorations.
4. I pack and put it all away because I like to take my time so it'll be organized for next year.
5.I take the decorations down either New Year's Day or shortly there after. Sometimes I do leave it up until Jan. 7, just depends on how tired I am of looking at it by then. I love Christmas because of my faith and also, our wedding anniversary is Christmas Eve! 30 years this year!!!
Florida Eastern Time Zone
" My goal is to live the truly religious life, and express it in my music. If you live it, when you play, there's no problem because the music is part of the whole thing. To be a musician is really something. It goes very,very deep. My music is the spiritual expression of what I am--my faith, my knowledge, my being." by John Coltrane
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life!.-Annonymous
Music is a moral l