Gluten-Free Pie Crust with LIBBY’S® Famous Pumpkin Pie Filling
* 1 cup white rice flour
* 1/2 cup potato starch
* 1/2 cup tapioca flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
* 1 large egg, beaten
* 1 tablespoon apple cider or white vinegar
* 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
* 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
* 4 large eggs
* 1 can (29 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
* 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
* Whipped cream or topping (optional)
FOR PIE CRUST:
COMBINE rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Form well in center. Add egg and vinegar; stir gently with a fork until just blended. Sprinkle with water; blend together with a fork and clean hands until mixture just holds together and forms a ball. (Be careful not to add too much water as dough will be hard to roll.)
SHAPE dough into ball and divide in half. Cover one half with plastic wrap; set aside. Place remaining half on lightly floured (use rice flour) sheet of wax paper. Top with additional piece of wax paper. Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of wax paper and invert dough into 9-inch deep-dish (4-cup volume) pie plate. Slowly peel away wax paper. Trim excess crust. Turn edge under; crimp as desired. Repeat with remaininghalf.
MIX sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. POUR into pie shells.
BAKE in preheated 425° F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream or topping before serving.
• 3 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
• This dough is easiest to roll and work with when used soon after preparing it.
• Do not freeze pies, as this will cause crust to separate from the filling. www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx
| current weight: 224.0