I thought of this thread today cause one of my SP Friends asked me about a very famous Egyptian Recipe.
I never thought that someone will ask me about "Koshari" because itís one of the famous traditional Egyptian recipes& I wasn't sure that other countries know it.
Here U r the desired recipe.
u Know something my dear team, I don't usually cook...I cook only side dishes or at the weekends .mammy is the right person for the kitchen...Love cooking and she cook many unique food.
Anywayz Main ingredients as we make it
@home: Brown lentils, small pasta,salsa,spices & Rice.
1 cup Egyptian Rice
1.5 cup of small pasta not spaghetti
1 cup brown or dark Lentils / some use yellow lentils(optional)
3 1/2 cups Water
4 tbsp Margarine or butter fat free spray
2 Onions ,chopped
Salt as u like
3-4 Eggs (optional)
1. Wash rice and lentils separately under running water and drain.
2. In a medium deep non-stick pan heat and stir 2 tbsp margarine, rice and lentils over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
3. Add water and salt and cook until water is almost absorbed. Cover, move to low heat and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a skillet heat and stir 2 tbsp margarine and onion until brown.
5. cook the pasta as usual with red sauce or leave it as it is without cooking (at ur convenience)
Boil eggs and fry in 1 tbsp margarine or oil until the whites turn golden. (this is optional)
6. Serve koushari on a platter and sprinkle fried onion on top & a special salsa sauce with chilli pepper. Arrange eggs around the edges(this is optional)
N.B: what I write beside it optional we @ home donít usually do it but itís still well known at our country.
If anything unclear or u need any further requirments,Iíll be glad to support.
Kind Rgrds, Menna
"When U just don't think U can,keep going!Getting through those weak moments iS how U become stronger."
"Make the most of urself, 4 that S all there4 U."
"Donít allow some One 2 be Ur priority, while U r his option."
" Be The Change U Wish To C The World"
| Pounds lost: 30.0