I do this a lot, too. And I was gaining weight for a while too and still am not losing very quickly. It is very discouraging. So - get right back on your feet and start thinking - what would you do NEXT time the "pizza temptation" comes up? Here are some ideas:
1. If you know you're going to have pizza for your next meal, eat LESS before then.
2. . . . and/or plan to exercise a little more.
3. Let everyone else get their pizza first - maybe they'll run out! You'll at least have less time to eat as many pieces.
4. Focus on visiting instead of eating - get to know your table-mates (or just your spouse?)
5. Get some other food to fill up on - salad, water, fruit for dessert, etc.
6. If you have time, MAKE some other really yummy food - like a special salad - that you can also look forward to.
7. Get a buddy to help you stop - s/he can also help distract your attention from the food with conversation, remind you of your goals, etc.
8. Brush your teeth or chew some gum to indicate "end of meal". (or eat that healthy dessert and say loudly "I'm done!")
Of course these won't all work THIS time, but it's worth a try. Planning ahead really helps. Healthy eating is for the rest of your life - give yourself some time to get the hang of it.
I learned some of these tips from my diet coach - Sandra Ahten at reasonablediet.com . Check her out - she's great! There's a lot of free info there.
HI, I seem to do ok one day but then the next I end up eating too much! we ordered pizza for supper today and I ate 4 slices! I know I should not of done this but the temptation was too great! I wish I had more will power as I am gaining weight instead of losing.
A special sign off Ellamark pronounced (ll-a-mark) It means God be with you in Arabic
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.