Here's 5 more reasons why you may not be able to lose weight
1. You sleep less than 6 hours a night...
Your body produces a hormone called Ghrelin which makes you hungrier so you'll eat more & gain weight when you don't get enough sleep but when you do get enough sleep...
Your levels of the hormone Leptin are normal & Leptin makes you more satisfied & not hungry (Leptin means "thin" in Greek)
2. You have TOO much STRESS
3. Your body produces another hunger hormone called Cortisol which makes you overeat to deal with the stress you're having causing you to gain weight so if you're getting stressed out a lot..
You may have Hypothyroidism or other conditions
Hypothyroidism is a condition where your thyroid is not functioning at a normal level making your metabolism slow and only a doctor can diagnose you with Hypothyroidism
4. Are you on any Drugs that may cause you to gain weight?
* Antidepressants, Steroids like Prednisone, Migraine Medications like Depakote can all make you want to eat more to gain weight and...
* Antihistamines like Benadryl and Sleep medications can slow down your metabolism which slows down your weight loss and...
* The extra estrogen in Birth Control Pills can cause you to put on up to 5 pounds of excess water and...
This all doesn't mean you should STOP taking the drugs you need to help your condition but at the same time.... If you're trying to lose weight it's best to ask your doctor for alternative medications to prevent weight gain and...
It's also a good idea to see your doctor right away if you 'unexplainably' gain weight while on a new drug even though you know for sure you're eating right and staying active.
| current weight: 152.0