Heather...you hit it. Consistency is so hard, but it is the key to making this work. I can undo a whole week's work with one meal.
I am certainly no expert...and I look forward to other's input on this subject...but here's what I do.
1. Determine to be a certain weight by a certain special event...a holiday, a vacation.
2. Join a challenge. I find challenges really help me. It is hard to find a team where there are active challenges. For the latest challenge on this team, I am keeping up with who is in and the weekly weigh-ins. I don't usually do that, but I'm going to try. Send me your starting weight if you want to join.
3. Buy a "goal dress" or outfit. Look at it every day to stay motivated.
4. I just have to determine to get through a weekend...I don't go out to eat, I avoid social outings and basically stay on SP all weekend. Makes for a pretty sucky weekend, but it works. If I can get through a weekend and not gain...then I know I am good for the next week and I will lose.
5. Having a buddy helps too. My SP friend NVDONNA always does better than me...and she keeps me on my toes!
Maintaining 60 pounds lost with Sparkpeople for 5 years!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that
the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
| current weight: 139.1