|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Heather...you hit it. Consistency is so hard, but it is the key to making this work. I can undo a whole week's work with one meal.
I am certainly no expert...and I look forward to other's input on this subject...but here's what I do.
1. Determine to be a certain weight by a certain special event...a holiday, a vacation.
2. Join a challenge. I find challenges really help me. It is hard to find a team where there are active challenges. For the latest challenge on this team, I am keeping up with who is in and the weekly weigh-ins. I don't usually do that, but I'm going to try. Send me your starting weight if you want to join.
3. Buy a "goal dress" or outfit. Look at it every day to stay motivated.
4. I just have to determine to get through a weekend...I don't go out to eat, I avoid social outings and basically stay on SP all weekend. Makes for a pretty sucky weekend, but it works. If I can get through a weekend and not gain...then I know I am good for the next week and I will lose.
5. Having a buddy helps too. My SP friend NVDONNA always does better than me...and she keeps me on my toes!
Maintaining 60 pounds lost with Sparkpeople for 5.5 years!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that
the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Anyone got any great tips on consistency past 1-2 months. That's inevitably when I fall off the wagon. I'm sick of it, but I just can't seem to help it.
Pensacola Sparkers Team Co-Leader