So here I am on Spark people. I am somewhat... I won't say 'pessimistic' or 'jaded', because those sound bitter (hee hee)... but let's just say I am not quite at the 'yahooooo! I know I can DO this' phase just yet. :)
I've done this once before (but that was waay back in the day of 'low fat everything') but now I'd like to hear what your 'first steps' recommendations would be for me. Begin by drinking water like a maniac, that I can start with easily :) Log my foods, I can try that too, for sure.
But how about food? Workouts? Mindsets? Reading material? Suppliments?
A little about me, to help with your suggestions:
- I am late 30's (*sigh* that sounds older than I like - haha)
- I am married and have a 6 year old and a 2 year old. Hubby is very supportive of anything... but he is also a very naturally slim, athletic guy - the bum :)
- I work in an office all day. We have a great gym at the office, but all of my (very fit, very attractive) male employees go there, and I would NOT be comfortable working out there. I do have a treadmill and some other equipment at home, and I love walking
- I am in Canada... and yes, we have a lot of the snow on the ground right now :)
- we do not have much time at all to cook, and in fact neither of us really enjoy it. Unless it was a weekend, I'd never actually have time to cook breakfast or lunches, so make-ahead and eat-in-the-car options are good.
- I'd be perfectly happy having the same few breakfast or even lunch options over and over
- i LOVE protein shakes and usually make with skim milk and greek yoghurt.
That's all :) I really welcome anything at all you would like to share with me. I am hoping something gives my brain the little ass-kick it really needs right now. I am THISCLOSE to being super hyped up to start my journey... but not there yet.
| Pounds lost: 26.8