|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
sound yummy thank you for sharing ,i will try it for sure.
This sounds realllllly good! I wanna make it!
This sounds really good. I'll have to try it over the week-end. Thanks.
Yum,,,,this sounds sooo good. Thanks for sharing.
A healthy attitude of graditude and forgiveness.
Motto: It is not what was yesterday, it is now. What will be tomorrow.
co-leader of Love to Cook
I have given classic Greek casserol dish Moussaka a vegetarian twist.Vegetarian moussaka is a low calorie and easy alternative to regular moussaka .If you like you can add bolied lentils ,chickpeas or crumbled feta in addition to vegetables but i wanted to keep it light in taste as well as calories so made it with just veggies and cheese.
* 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
* 6 sprays of cooking sparay
* 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
* 1 potatoes, thinly sliced
* 1 onion, sliced
* 3 whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* Salt and pepper to taste
* For white sauce
* 1 tablespoons butter
* 1.5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 cups milk
* White pepper to taste
* 1 pinch ground nutmeg
* 3Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 whole eggs
Melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook over low heat for 1 minute. Add the milk and gradually, stirring with a wire whisk, to form a smooth medium thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper and keep this white sauce aside.
1. Peel eggplants and cut into thick slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and set aside for 15 minutes. Wash off excess salt and drain.
2. Spray a dash of light cooking spray onto a non stick pan and add the eggplant slices and fry until lightly browned on both sides.
3. Spray frying pan with light cooking spray and other veggies.
4. Add the onions and cook until soft and golden. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
5. Add tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 the breadcrumbs into a cooking pan that has been coated with a light cooking spray and cover with half of the veggie mixture.
7. Add 1/2 the eggplant slices. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the grated cheese.
8. Repeat with another layer of remaining veggie round, eggplant and 1/2 the remaining cheese.
9. Beat the egg in a bowl and add it to white sauce at a time take care to add the sauce very slowly and mix it nicely. Pour sauce over the dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until crust is crisp and brown..
* Nutrition info: Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
o Calories: 174.7
o Total Fat: 5.8 g
o Cholesterol: 72.2 mg
o Sodium: 710.7 mg
o Total Carbs: 20.7 g
o Dietary Fiber: 6.1 g
o Protein: 12.5 g