I would love to say yes but not this time. It's from foodblogga.com. Susan has some really good posts! A lot are not so healthy but once in a while she posts something like this. I'm way into cooking with fresh fruit right now.
current weight: 165.0
Fitness Minutes: (142,816) Posts: 22,462 8/4/09 1:23 P
This is from one of my favorite blogs and I'll post how it turned out! I plan to make it tomorrow...
Cherry, Banana & Oatmeal Bread
1/2 cup toasted rolled oats (or old-fashioned oatmeal) 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 cup light brown sugar 2 large eggs plus 4 egg whites 1 cup low-fat buttermilk (or low-fat vanilla soymilk) 2 tablespoons plain yogurt 2 tablespoons orange juice 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract zest of one orange 2 small very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup) 1 cup pitted, halved fresh cherries 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped 1/4 cup flax seed or ground flax meal
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (8 1/2 X 4 1/2 -inch) loaf pans with cooking spray.
2. To toast the oatmeal, place in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl, whisk the toasted oats, flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and eggs. Add buttermilk, yogurt, orange juice, and vanilla; beat until batter is smooth. Lower the speed; add the orange zest and bananas, and beat briefly (it's ok if the batter has a few lumps).
5. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, and mix until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the cherries, walnuts, and flax seed. The batter will be thick. Pour the batter into the pans. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is a deep golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Transfer the breads to a rack; let cool for 10 minutes, then unmold and place on a rack to cool to room temperature.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.