I love cucumber and dill. This recipe is a keeper, for sure.
I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us. That they speak to us as part of something greater than us - greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to what's speaking, it can give us the power to save ourselves. -- Fox Mulder
Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: Ingredients
* 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut in half lengthwise * 1 shallot, sliced very thin * 3 tablespoons cider vinegar * 1 tablespoon sugar * salt to taste * freshly ground black pepper * 3 tablespoons finely chopped, fresh dill
Cooking Instructions 1. With a melon baller or a sharp knife, scoop out the seeds in the center of the cucumber. Cut the cucumber into thin slices.
2. Place the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together until the sugar dissolves.
3. Add the cucumber slices, shallots and dill and stir well.
* Serving Size:about 1/2 cup * Amount Per Serving
* Calories30 * Protein1 g * Total Carbohydrate7 g * Dietary Fiber1 g * Soluble Fiber0 g * Insoluble Fiber0 g * Sugar5 g * Total Fat0 g * Saturated Fat0 g * Monounsaturated Fat0 g * Polyunsaturated Fat0 g * Trans Fatty Acid (tfa)0 g * Omega-3 Fatty Acid0 g * Omega-6 Fatty Acid0 g * Cholesterol0 mg * Percent Calories from Fat1 % * Percent Calories from Protein11 % * Percent Calories from Carbohydrate88 % I get an email from this place with recipes that are pretty good. Here's link to this one: www.foodfit.com/recipes/recipe.asp?r id =308&ic=6032
**Avoid Fruits and Nuts - You are what you eat!**
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again? - Winnie the Pooh
Have you ever been SO excited that you just had to bark out loud? -Jaxson (what I learned from my dog)
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.