Ok here is my chocolate biscotti recipe
Chocolate Chip Biscotti
This recipe makes 72 biscotti
1 unbleached flour and 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour (prefer King Arthur Flour)
˝ cup cocoa powder (prefer Hershey’s Dark cocoa)
1 cup sugar organic sugar (organic optional)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
˝ teaspoon of salt
˝ teaspoon of vanilla
3 large eggs
1 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup dried cherries (optional but this adds more fiber and flavor) You could add nuts, this will up the fat)
powdered sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add this to the flour mixture along with the chocolate chips and stir until a stiff dough forms. You may need to add a couple of tsps of water to help dough form
4. Scrape the dough onto a lightly sugared work surface and divide it into 3 pieces. Roll each piece with the palms of your hands into a log slightly flatten on to the sheet.
5. Place the logs on cookie sheet, several inches apart (the logs will double in width). Bake for 15 minutes, or until the logs feel set or firm to the touch. Set the cookie sheets on racks and let cool. Reset the oven to 300°F.
6. When cool to the touch, place the logs on a cutting board. With a serrated knife, slice them into 1/2-inch diagonal slices. I find that the electrical knife works great for this type of cookie
7. Lay the biscotti out on the prepared cookie sheets in a single layer and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until they are dry and lightly toasted. Cool completely.
8. Store in an airtight tin or plastic container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size: 3 biscotti
Number of Servings: 72
Fat4 g Fiber 1 g
Saturated Fat 2g
Protein 2 g
He whom the Son sets free is free indeed !!!
| current weight: 136.0