Yes - good luck with your race!!!
As for being an eating Machine .... I can so relate to what you wrote. I find things go wrong when I come away from my reliable and normal routine.
If I want to get back on track I go back to ALL the things I've known to make a difference and literally do a kind of mental tick list. So I make sure I really am doing all the stuff I know works:
1) WATER! 3L per day - check
2) Protein breakfast - check
3) build in 2 morning snacks of fruit - check
4) Carb lunch - make sure I get all the good stuff in there that I love - check
5) afternoon - 1 fruit snack & 1 seeds/nuts snack
6) dinner - Yum, satisfying, filling, thoroughly MMMmmmmm
If I am really careful not to cut any corners or short change myself then I am usually able to get back into a good mental routine but if I skimp or miss out things then it does go wrong and all I think about is food.
| current weight: 253.0