Some nice benefits of growing older
From senior news Contributed by Susan Capps
1. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
2. It’s harder and harder for sexual harassment charges to stick.
3. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
4. People call at 9:00 p.m. and ask, “Did I wake you?”
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There’s nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won’t wear out.
8. You can eat dinner at 4:00 p.m.
9. You can live without sex but not without glasses.
10. You got cable for the weather channel.
11. You have a party and the neighbors don’t even realize it.
12. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
13. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
14. You send money to PBS
15. You sing along with the elevator music.
16. Your arms are almost too short to read the newspaper.
17. Your eyes won’t get much worse.
18. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off
19. Your joints are more accurate than the National Weather Service.
20. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
I am not in agreement with all of these but won’t tell which ones.
Edited by: DIDMIS at: 4/14/2011 (22:38)
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:22-26 (NIV)
Irene from Texas
| May SparkPoints: 1,972