I, too, am so sorry to hear about your losing your pet and to something that could have been prevented. Three is much too young to not be with you anymore and my heart goes out to you. Thank you for the advice.
Sandi We have 2 children and 4 grandchildren and live in Tallahassee, Florida.
My Maggs came to us drinking lots of water, blood tests we had taken diagnosed kidney problems caused by high blood pressure.
She has six monthly blood pressure tests, yearly blood tests and daily blood pressure meds. When they did a blood test @ six months ago it said that her kidneys were functioning reasonably normal, but she still drinks a lot of water.
I agree with you blood tests can illuminate many problems with our pets.
Once again, so very sorry for you
Peace and long life - Jules
Team Leader Rescued/Adopted Dog and Cat Lover's Team
I am so sorry for your loss. It is heart breaking to find a problem to late as we did for our little Angel. We now have 2 loving Chis' and had blood testing in Sept for our travels. Thank heavens they are both very healthy.
Slow & steady makes a winner of us. Even if we hit pitfalls, get up. Know that a new day is right around the corner. Try to be all that you can be. Work at it a day at a time.
"Be not afraid of going slow; be afraid if standing still" (Chinese Proverb)
With God all things are possible.
If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed. ~ David Viscott
MN. Sparks Fat Kickers Team Leader www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/
Fitness Minutes: (140,721) Posts: 8,638 12/17/12 12:57 P
Only a blood test can determine tic disease as well. It was almost too late for our dog by the time she got tested. The bite happened before we got her as she was wearing preventative medicine ever since we got her.
"The world is one country and mankind its citizens" one of the many truths spoken by Baha'u'llah and "Love is the light that guideth in darkness, the living link that uniteth God with man, that assureth the progress of every illumined soul."
Yesterday my 3 year old shepherd mix died of kidney failure. When we first took her to the vet for lethargy he did bloodwork and her kidneys were failing. Lethargy was her only initial sympton but within a week and a half she was dead. Since then I've read that when symptoms start showing it's pretty much too late. Some dogs can live another couple of years, but not my puppy.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.