Please take them to the doctor!!!! O.o my dog almost died becase of that!! Rasins are EXTREMELY. Toxic to dogs its like acid the vet said a few more minutes and she would have died and if survived but not treated would die later from kidney failure please take your dog ASAP atleast just to have her checked out
I'm glad to hear your babies are doing well. Scary thing. I've had to give Oreo peroxide before. Once you give it to them, keep them active by chasing a ball, running around or whatever they like to do. In Oreo's case, she loves to jump this little 2" fence so that's what she got to do. Also, to make it a little easier to give it to them, mix it with something they like, yogurt, tuna, ice cream.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Border Collie Lovers - Team Leader Lets Go Hiking - Team Leader Dog Lovers Team - Team Leader SP Class of June 3-9, 2007 - Team leader Our Herding Dogs - Team Leader
I'm celebrating my SEVENTH anniversary with SparkPeople in the June 3-9, 2007 class.
True nothing may have come of it if I hadn't had my dogs throw up. But I wasn't about to take a chance that my dog is one who became toxic. My Bentley is only 13 pounds and has a weak gastro system due to a severe case of Giardia in his past. It's been 24 hours now and so far no signs of any problem. Lorraine
Awhile ago, I accidentally left my work bag on the dining room table while my husband and I went out to dinner, forgetting that I had a bag of trail mix (with raisins and M&Ms) in it. We have a beagle, so he of course sniffs out and hunts down all food he can get a hold of. I came home to a hole in my work bag and all of the trail mix eaten. I panicked a little but never forced him to throw it up and he was fine. He never got sick and is still a healthy dog.
My dogs have eaten raisins many times without any ill effect. I would not worry about a small amount. Hydrogen Peroxide can be a problem, too. I once had to use more than 1 1/2 bottles to successfully induce vomiting (my dog had gotten 2 times the lethal dose of Rimadyl) and needless to say, it burned her esophagus. Reserve it for real emergencies. Birgit
You can talk to God all you want and that's great, but the changes happen when you start listening to him.
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN OTHERS.
Body Fat %: 16.0
Fitness Minutes: (3,683) Posts: 38 6/13/11 10:44 A
Hello, I was just reading your post and my understanding of dogs eating raisins is. I don't think it happens immediately like if a dog was to eat anti freeze. I think it works the same way as when dogs eat human chocolate where it stay's in they body and over time if your dogs keeps eating them then it could prove fatal. Dogs should not eat grapes or garlic and onions or anything from that sort of family. I hope this makes sense to you??
Pounds lost: 24.0
Fitness Minutes: (45,253) Posts: 5,425 6/13/11 9:52 A
So my 5 year old granddaughter was visiting over the weekend. She gave her a snack size box of raisins to eat while I showered and got dressed to the day. A while later I notices that the box was completely empty and I know that she is not in the habit of finishing most anything that I give her to eat. Just then I saw that one of my Maltipoos was chomping on something. She had fed the dogs all the raisins that she did not want to eat. At first I didn' t know what to do. But then I googled, "My dog ate raisins" It said that I needed to make my dogs throw up by using a capful of Hydrogen Peroxide. Luckily I had a syringe to squirt it down their throat. After about 5 minutes, my boy dog threw up 16 raisins and my girl dog only threw up 1 raisin. It was a pretty scary ordeal for all of us but I think that the danger has passed now. I see no signs of kidney failure so far.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.