Aloha Horror Hounds!
With St. Patrick's Day coming up soon... I thought we could check out the "Luck of the Irish" cause I was wondering...
Do you know where that phrase comes from? I read a few answers and liked this one the best... many sites said pretty much the same thing. wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_origin_of_t
Which leads to today's question .... are you superstitious? Do you believe in good luck/bad luck?
Here is a list of 13 common superstitions: www.livescience.com/14141-13-common-silly-
to me, superstitions have to be believed to work... like magic. :)
So what do you believe as far as superstitions go?
Do you throw salt over your shoulder if you spill it? (For me... no) Do you carry a good luck charm? (No, but if I found something, I just might. :)
Here's what I think of the 13 they listed:
13. Beginner's luck - yep, I kinda believe in this one cause it seems to happen.
12. Find a penny, pick it up - I do pick up a penny when I find it, altho I'm skeptical on the all the day you'll have good luck part.
11. Don't walk under that ladder! - I don't think this is bad luck if you do... however, it just makes sense not to.
10. Black cats crossing your path - I own a black cat and she crosses my path all day every day!
9. A rabbit's foot will bring you luck - I always found this one quite silly.. the rabbit had 4 and it didn't do much good for him!
8. Bad luck comes in threes - this seems to be true more often than I care to admit! LOL!
7. Careful with that mirror - cause a broken mirror can cut you, but I don't think it's bad luck to break one... I have broken many in my day and no bad luck.
6. 66 - definitely creeps me out. I avoid this number when I can. :)
5. Knock on wood - I do it ... just in case! :)
4. Make a wish on a wishbone - this one is just fun.
3. Cross your fingers - I did this as a kid. But not so much any more.
2. No umbrellas inside - and why not. as long as you're not popping it open in anyone's face!
1. Friday the 13th - definitely my lucky day! LOL!
What superstitions do YOU believe?
Edited by: OHANAMAMA at: 3/14/2013 (09:17)
~~ Renee' ~~ Hula Girl at Heart ~~
~~~~~ Getting back to SEXY! ~~~~~
Casual Traveler - Central Time Zone (AR, USA)
| Pounds lost: 32.5