a safe and effectie spray to make your plants aphid-proof. In a blender, combine one garlic bulb, one small onion, 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper and 1-quart water. Then let the mixture steep. Add 1 tablespoon dish-washing liguid to help the other ingredients stick to the plants. This mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week (wear gloves and do not touch your eyes when using cayenne peper.)
this is the spray plant I had asked for in another topic earlier this year...It just may be the one you were missing hope it helps
When you pour the boiling water over the peppers it doesn't smell that bad, but watch out for the steam. It is a little eye watering. Aphids and whitefly are not my friends, but ants are the only pests that aren't super affected by this. They generally leave that area alone and move to another, in which case I do suggest a liquid bug killer that you pour on the mounds.
current weight: 145.0
Fitness Minutes: (5,045) Posts: 829 4/22/10 11:34 P
My grandmother used this as a hot pepper spray for her garbage so dogs and pests would stay out before the man would pick it up. She would use it on her roses and tomatoes as well though. Take note that she did only use jalapenos, so you could probably stretch it with a hotter pepper. I have been using habaneros with excellent results though. I always recommend using gloves and safety goggles when handling or spraying, and wash fruits and veggies before eating. Otherwise, use after each rain for good results.
As follows, 1 quart boiling water 2-3 hot peppers 1 Tablespoon vinegar
Chop the peppers lightly into big chunks. Pour water over pepper and let sit until water is totally cooled off. Strain out pepers and add vinegar. Bottle.
It stays good for 3 months out of the heat, but it gets hotter the longer it sits. Grandma used to keep hers in the fridge during the summer only because she didn't use the a/c til after 2pm and it's known to get pretty hot around here. If using for animal control (cats, dogs, possums, raccoons, pigs, etc.) add 1 Tablespoon pine cleaner. It makes them just sick enough where they won't come back, but has no lasting effects. But they are pretty brave if they smell the peppers and still stick it in their mouth.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.