I've found curries to be one of the easiest and most versatile methods for cooking just about any meat or veggie... Oh, and did I mention healthy?
My "recipe" doesn't really change much from the following:
1. Sauté some chopped onions in olive oil with a bit of salt and pepper. Once softened, add some diced garlic and/or jalapeño peppers if desired.
2. Sprinkle in a tbsp or two (or three) of my favorite curry powder mix (I find Shan at my local Indian grocery stores). Cook for a minute, while stirring.
3. Add either fresh or a small can of diced tomatoes and bring to a boil.
4. Add whatever veggies you want: potatoes, cauliflower, zucchini, chick peas, green peas, etc.
5. Cook until the olive oil starts to separate a bit and the veggies are done, whichever comes last.
For a curry with meat, I usually cut the chicken/lamb/beef into bite sized pieces and brown in a pan. Then, add it to the curry when adding veggies. Sometimes I add some water with the meat to give more moisture as the meat cooks.
Serve over some rice or with naan or warmed whole wheat pita.
| current weight: 212.6