Over the years as I've struggled with weight gain and loss, the thing that's tripped me up more than any other is staying motivated. So partly for selfish reasons, partly to stimulate your own thought, I'm wondering what it is that inspires you to pursue a healthy lifestyle. Here's a few that do it for me:
1. Glad obedience to the Lord who entrusted me with this body.
2. The desire to be there for my wife and child and not earn a heart-attack by gorging on unhealthy foods (my father died that way when he was only 9 years older than I am now).
3. The desire to go faster and farther on my bike.
4. The need for more consistent energy.
5. The joy of partaking in a variety of tastes and textures that I know are good for me.
"Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come" (1Timothyï¿½4:7-8)
"Jesus answered, 'The most important [commandment] is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength'" (Mark 12:29-30).
| current weight: 205.6