1. I am more spiritual than religious. I talk to God like He is right next to me.
2. I love my husband, John, more than I have ever loved another man. I could survive without him but I sure don't want to!!! He is the most amazing, supportive husband God could have ever blessed me with.
3. I have felt the power of a love like no other: it happened at 10:03 p.m. on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 when my husband and I welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Niklas Alexander, into this world. Thank you Lord for helping me to hold on long enough for him to be healthy (I started labor at 32 weeks but through bed rest made it to 39 weeks).
4. I am one of six children.
5. I have a father and a sperm donor. The latter doesn't deserve the title Dad or Father. My dad is amazing- he married my mom and adopted five of her six children (we were under 18 at the time) and he was 59 years old and had already raised three sons. Even though they've since divorced, they are still friends.
6. I have been a vegetarian all my life; but, I'm lacto ovo. I eat eggs, cheese, and milk.
7. I have played the piano since age four. I hope my child (and any future children) enjoy music as much as I do.
8. I love to read, research, and write. Yes I was a geek in high school and still am!!
9. I love teaching. I would never, however, teach in a prep school or a wealthy district. I most enjoy working with low-income children. They need someone to care.
10. I WILL lose my baby weight! 38.3 pounds lost and 40.7 pounds to go!!
| current weight: 149.0