|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
1. What should we call you? Helen
2. Where do you live? Mesquite, TX
3. How old are you and yes, please include the birthday? 60, July 25th
4. What are your hobbies? Gardening, cooking, reading
5. Short bio (ie married, kids, pets?):I am married, have 2 sons and 2 grandchildren. I have 3 small inside dogs, Gus, Daisy and Missy. My dogs are spoiled rotten and fun to have around.
6. Job/Career? or how you spend your day? I work full time and enjoy my job. I am a dispatcher for a Constables office.
7. Have you set any short/long term goals? I would like to lose 20 pds in about 2 months, just to start my weight loss journey. I have way more than that to lose.
8. What motivates you and keeps you motivated? I have to motivate myself which doesn't work very well.
9. What do you do, exercise wise, in a typical week? I walk some. I just got the Spark Activity tracker thing and it's pretty cool.
10. When were you diagnosed with RA? Diagnosed with RA a few years ago but didn't do much about it until this year. I have had some pretty bad days and the fatigue is overwhelming some days. My husband doesn't understand any of this and thinks I'm just getting lazy on my days off. :)
11. Which meds are you on? Currently on Methotrexate. In fact, today is my first day on it. I understand it takes a few weeks for it to work. I wish it worked right away though.
12. Which part of your body is typically the most painful? My hips, neck, hands, spine & ankles.
13. What works for you best in keeping the pain down? Rest helps and pain pills.
14. List 2 things we would never know to ask about you.
1) I'm hoping to get accepted into nursing school in the fall of this year.
2) I generally cook everything from scratch.