Okay... I was reading about various places that gluten "hides" including toasters and such, and I'm wondering what else either needs to be dumped or avoided. (I am the only gf member of my household, so it's been a challenge, to say the least.) Here's what I've already done in this department...
1. I no longer use my stoneware
unless it's covered in heavy duty foil. I am saving up for a new stoneware baking sheet (man those are $$$) for gf baking.
2. I no longer use the toaster.
3. I no longer use my bread-maker.
4. I have deep cleaned (cracks and all) Kitchen Aid Mixer.
5. We keep the regular bread and the gluten free bread in completely different locations... same with the flour, crackers, etc.
Here's what I'm wondering if I need to avoid/replace...
1. What about cast iron? Does that soak up gluten like stone ware does?
2. What about wooden spoons?
3. Is there anything else I might be missing?
Thanks for your help!
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
| Pounds lost: 3.4