Hello! I've been "lurking" for a few weeks now.
My son & I switched to a gluten-free diet 4 years ago this October. His was a doctor-recommended switch, and I went along so he wouldn't be "the only one in the world" to be GF. It was about 6 months later that I realized I had a legitimate problem with gluten myself - and I've been strictly following a GF lifestyle ever since.
I haven't been tested for Celiac - I just know that when I am free of all cross-contaminations:
* my migraines are less frequent & go away quicker
* I have fewer... digestive problems ;)
* my allergies are less pronounced
* my arthritis does not hurt as much
* and I have SO MUCH more energy!
I guess with results like that, I've not felt the need to have an actual test-result tell me what I already know - my body functions better without gluten!
| current weight: 209.0