|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Welcome to the team!
Congrats on your amazing progress!
I am new to Clean Eating as well, but have had great results on the scale and in the way that I feel I am never looking back! I read Tosca Reno's book The Clean Eating Diet Recharged and got the basics out of it. You can pick up any of her books cheap on Amazon.
* Avoid processed foods
* Eat about 6 small meals each day that consist of protein and complex carbohydrates (fruits and veggies)
* Eliminate processed sugars and flours (white flours) from your diet
* Avoid alcohol (eliminate it if possible)
Shop the outer edges of the store. Pick up:
* Lots of fresh fruits and veggies (frozen of both is a great option and a money saver when items are not in season)
* Grains like oatmeal, brown rice, and Quinoa
* Lean fresh meats
* Greek yogurt or plain yogurt
* Eggs (if you can get some from a local farmer, even better!)
* Skim milk or coconut milk.
You don't have to go all out, you can ease into it, or make choices to allow certain items. Avoid sugar substitutes and aspartame. Try sweetening with honey! Think about foods in their most natural form... eat a baked potato versus frozen french fries.
There are other teams here on Spark and great resources online. Best of luck to you and you continue on your journey!
I've been changing my lifestyle for the past two years now and I've lost almost 80 pounds (I've had two babies in there as well) I've been leaning more and more into a 100% natural diet as I've been maturing in my dieting habits.
Clean eating is very foreign to me and I seriously have no idea what I'm doing so any tips would be very much welcome!!!
I've already switched to whole grains, skim milk, fresh or frozen fruits/veggies I'm starting to get more and more away from salad dressings (just switched to lite a couple weeks ago and I'm about to go to making my own olive oil/vinegar dressing)
Obese to Healthy 2014!!!