Welcome to the team!
Congrats on your amazing progress!
I am new to Clean Eating as well, but have had great results on the scale and in the way that I feel I am never looking back! I read Tosca Reno's book The Clean Eating Diet Recharged and got the basics out of it. You can pick up any of her books cheap on Amazon.
* Avoid processed foods
* Eat about 6 small meals each day that consist of protein and complex carbohydrates (fruits and veggies)
* Eliminate processed sugars and flours (white flours) from your diet
* Avoid alcohol (eliminate it if possible)
Shop the outer edges of the store. Pick up:
* Lots of fresh fruits and veggies (frozen of both is a great option and a money saver when items are not in season)
* Grains like oatmeal, brown rice, and Quinoa
* Lean fresh meats
* Greek yogurt or plain yogurt
* Eggs (if you can get some from a local farmer, even better!)
* Skim milk or coconut milk.
You don't have to go all out, you can ease into it, or make choices to allow certain items. Avoid sugar substitutes and aspartame. Try sweetening with honey! Think about foods in their most natural form... eat a baked potato versus frozen french fries.
There are other teams here on Spark and great resources online. Best of luck to you and you continue on your journey!
| current weight: 160.6