Hi, I'm new here too. I've been on and off the exercise/diet yoyo for several years now. Most recently I gained back all the weight I lost early last year. I also moved, got a new more stressful job, and I have a 2 year old. So I'm looking to work on consistent exercise even if its only 10 minutes and 80% healthy eating.
1. What are you going to add to your fitness routine this month to get ready for spring? I'm working on doing 70 minutes of exercise a week. Current favorite is Exerbeat.
2. What have you been doing that works great? Getting excited about a new game. Can't wait to get home and play it.
3. What do you need to change? Watching my diet more carefully.
4. What advice would you give to someone who is having trouble getting started? Get a new game to get excited about, and really match your own skills. I've been out of it for the last few months, so I needed to go back to the beginning and take it slow. So I'm starting with 10-15 minutes on WIO, Exerbeat or Wii Fit.
5. Which Wii games would you recommend for the beginner, intermediate and advanced exerciser? Beginner - WIO, Exerbeat, Wii Fit ; Intermediate - Same plus Biggest Loser Total Challenge, My Fitness Coach ; Advanced - EA Sport Active 2.
I've got my 2 week checkup after baby Monday and I'm hoping to get the ok to work out slow/light. I'm down 27# so far after having my little man. It is mostly water weight that I"m losing now because I was so swallon. I'm 18# from prepregnancy weight! YAY!!
I do agree that to start out with 30 minutes each day and go from there. I also am trying to walk more and yes keep hydrated which always has been difficult to drink water in winter months by I am learning to do so now
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person that you are. Be true to yourself and enjoy life.
current weight: 231.8
Fitness Minutes: (16,900) Posts: 4,745 2/9/12 12:19 A
I just joined this team. 1. My routine is aerobic,yoga,strengthening and stretching for 90min, free step 20min. 2. I changed to do Wii I sports because I needed a change, then take a brisk walk for 30 min 2 days week 3. I would advise you when you get bored or discouraged, remember that it will take time, try out 30min a day for 5 days. You may not see the results right away, but you will be on your way to a new you. I started out 30min a day 2 1/2 months ago. I now up to 1hour to 2 hrs a day. I 'm loving me more and that is what this is all about.
Each day I feel better than the day before. It's all about me
1. What are you going to add to your fitness routine this month to get ready for spring? I'm going to start walking on a daily basis along with some daily strength training.
2. What have you been doing that works great? When I used to walk, it did wonders for me.
3. What do you need to change? My procrastination.
4. What advice would you give to someone who is having trouble getting started? JUST DO IT
5. Which Wii games would you recommend for the beginner, intermediate and advanced exerciser? My favorites for a good workout are the EASA series, Wii Pilates & Yoga, WIO, Zumba, and Gold's Gym series, and Wii Fit. Well, I guess I like them all.
Carol Florida - Eastern Standard Zone
Pounds lost: 9.5
Fitness Minutes: (61,474) Posts: 7,740 2/6/12 9:06 A
1. I don't have much of a routine either....having 4 kids I'm lucky to squeeze it in!!! BUT....I do always go for 10 minute walk & do atleast 5 strength training exercises at work. Lately I've been trying to fit in some Wii time after work before running Mom's taxi or after the taxi runs.
2. I NEED to get back to eating better. I've been missing my fruits & veggies.
3. My advice for someone having trouble is just to stand and do 1 set of calf raises or lateral raises or SOMETHING. I find that once you get those juices flowing, even with something as simple as those exercises it's easier to keep going!!!
4. Beginner: Anything on Wii Sports or the earlier Just Dances Intermediate: Wii Fit Advanced: Advanced Wii Fit or EA Sports 2
1. I don't have much of a routine. I am going start off by stationary bike riding for 20, minutes or for 1 chapter of a book, wii fit plus 20min or 1 challenge, and 75 sit-ups or as many as I can do while reading 1 chapter of a book.
2. I will do wii fit for 20 minutes or 1 challenge everyday
3. Start with wii fit plus then work up to playing other games
4. Wii fit for all
A new way to reward myself. Half-way to my first weight loss goal.
current weight: 191.4
Fitness Minutes: (101,484) Posts: 13,652 2/5/12 11:49 A
February is a great month to get back on track as we start moving into spring. What are you going to add to your fitness routine this month to get ready for spring? What have you been doing that works great? What do you need to change? What advice would you give to someone who is having trouble getting started? Which Wii games would you recommend for the beginner, intermediate and advanced exerciser?
Nina- Wisconsin CST Together Everyone Achieves More
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.