First of all, can I just say that it is AWESOME that we have now reached over 300 members strong! Thank you everyone for being such an awesomely positive force here on the boards. Together, we really can do anything!
So I have some suggestions for those of you who are new to Spark! I know it can take a little while to get used to Spark as the site is a bit more "clunky" than WW. But, I promise that if you give yourself time to get used to navigating it, you will love it! It may not be as polished, but I really feel like it's a great resource - and it's clunkiness is actually a testament to its true focus: you! They aren't here to charge dues and make money, they are here to offer free help for each of us as we keep plugging along on this healthy journey!
Start a profile page! If you haven't yet, you definitely should! Why? Because, if you don't have a profile page, did you know that we can't see your blogs? And you can't receive Spark Goodies from our group or other friends. :-( It's definitely the way to go to continue to get more support on the site!
Make your page public. Why? Because, if you set it to private, did you know that none of us can see your blogs? And no other members can see your blogs or success information either. :-( This is such a great place to share - so if you're comfortable with it, setting your profile to the public option is the way to get more support!
Make your profile YOURS! Spark it up, decorate it, add your favorite quotes! Why? It's your space - and a great way for you to tune into your journey. And a wonderful way for all of us to follow eachother as well. I am continually motivated by the pages of other members. It's a great resource!
Last but not least, get to blogging if you haven't already! Why? I can't even tell you how helpful it is to "get it all out." And the feedback you will get from your friends and fellow group members is priceless! And, from my own experience, I can tell you that it is a great tool to have when you want to look back at how far you've come. I blogged religiously at the beginning of my journey - and I continually look back at my blogs from the beginning when I need a pick-me-up! It helps remind us how far we've come - and also that the journey is never over! :-)
Let's do it!
START A SPARKPAGE!
1) Click "My Trackers" on your Spark Toolbar above. This will take you to your main page. There on the right, in the "My Community" box you will see a "Create My SparkPage" link. Click that! This will allow you to fill out your page and set your profile settings. :)
GO PUBLIC & DECORATE!
1) Click "My Trackers" on your Spark Toolbad. On your main page, click the "View My SparkPage" link on the right.
2) Once on your page, you will see the "Edit My SparkPage" link on the right. Click it! It will load your edit page, where you can change the colors, background, and settings. Fill in the boxes and trackers there to make it your own!
3) At the top, you will see a section of checked boxes titled "More Options". Make sure that the top box, "Only allow Spark friends to see my page" is UNCHECKED. Also make sure that "turn my page offline" is UNCHECKED. Now, everyone can see your page and blogs!
4) Once you've filled in all the boxes and changed your settings, click the "Save My Changes" button on the right. Remember, there is a TON of stuff to update and make it your page - so look all the way down the screen because there are a ton of boxes and trackers to fill in - and you don't want to miss 'em!
1) Click "My Trackers" on your Spark Toolbad. On your main page, click the "Make a Blog Entry" link on the right. This will take you to your own blog page.
2) Click the "Add a Blog Entry" link. This will populate a new window that will allow you to post your blog. Write your blog, give it a title, and click the "Post Blog" button on the bottom. And voila! You are officially a blogger! ;-)
If you want an example of what your blog page will look like once you've been posting, you can see that here: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal.asp?id=BLISS%5FIN%5FTIME&abepu=true
Let's get sharing, everyone! I'm super excited to get to know all of you - and for us to all be able to help one another on this journey to lifelong health!
As always, if you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am here to help in any way that I can!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lifetime Weight Watcher since 2007 :-)
"If you're going through Hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill
"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
"I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are." - Milton Berle