|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Hi Stephanie! I don't know if anyone officially welcomed you to the team (maybe even I did awhile ago, but memories not being what they once were........) I just saw that you had posted a few days ago. Come post in the first sticky thread. That's where we tend to hang out. Would love to see you there. It may look daunting as there are a few long term posters there, but jump right in. Am looking forward to hearing from you.
All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf, Lord of the Rings Trilogy
There are 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Einstein
Today I went to my first WW meeting since January. I cancelled my membership within a month of joining in January. It was working well and I liked it. I stopped going because I had one bad weekend and then was too ashamed to do a weigh in and then just stopped going. So, today I went into a WW meeting weighing 8 lbs more than I weighed the last time. Uggghh. I feel so depressed about my weight gain. I hate feeling this way.
My name is Deonna and I am ready to get back to what works! I lost 40 pounds with Momentum/Flex plan and am starting this again to finish losing the 15 pounds I have left.
I am 41 years old and have been married to my best friend for 24 years. We have 3 boys (22,21, and 18). Our oldest son will get married in Oct and he will also turn 23 then. Our 21 year old and his girlfriend will have a baby in Dec(our first grandchild) and it is a boy! Our 18 year old will be a senior when school starts! I am and LPN and am in RN school. I will graduate May 2014. So not much going on in my life to hinder taking time for me!!!!
Yeah right! haha!
Ready to get down to business on taking care of me and make lots of new friends here!
OMG I can't believe it!!!!! I thought I didn't have a sparkpage after attempting yesterday.So when I went to redo by going on how to start a blog,there it was.Now I have to read some more,I do want to share with all,looks like directions,computers and me just don't get along too well.
Well,I took the plunge and went to do a public spark page,got all finished and when I clicked it said javescript void,so at that point it was a no go.I know how to go to my sites but thats about it..I'm not up on computers, so don't know why it didn't work,not giving up yet
Edited by: WINDDANCER221 at: 8/21/2012 (15:55)
Thank you for the Welcome Bliss,I will take the time to fill out a blog and little info about me in a day or two,thanks for all the info
Hi I am new here but am familiar with the ww plan. I am excited to get back to what works. Good luck to you all.
First of all, can I just say that it is AWESOME that we have now reached over 300 members strong! Thank you everyone for being such an awesomely positive force here on the boards. Together, we really can do anything!
So I have some suggestions for those of you who are new to Spark! I know it can take a little while to get used to Spark as the site is a bit more "clunky" than WW. But, I promise that if you give yourself time to get used to navigating it, you will love it! It may not be as polished, but I really feel like it's a great resource - and it's clunkiness is actually a testament to its true focus: you! They aren't here to charge dues and make money, they are here to offer free help for each of us as we keep plugging along on this healthy journey!
Start a profile page! If you haven't yet, you definitely should! Why? Because, if you don't have a profile page, did you know that we can't see your blogs? And you can't receive Spark Goodies from our group or other friends. :-( It's definitely the way to go to continue to get more support on the site!
Make your page public. Why? Because, if you set it to private, did you know that none of us can see your blogs? And no other members can see your blogs or success information either. :-( This is such a great place to share - so if you're comfortable with it, setting your profile to the public option is the way to get more support!
Make your profile YOURS! Spark it up, decorate it, add your favorite quotes! Why? It's your space - and a great way for you to tune into your journey. And a wonderful way for all of us to follow eachother as well. I am continually motivated by the pages of other members. It's a great resource!
Last but not least, get to blogging if you haven't already! Why? I can't even tell you how helpful it is to "get it all out." And the feedback you will get from your friends and fellow group members is priceless! And, from my own experience, I can tell you that it is a great tool to have when you want to look back at how far you've come. I blogged religiously at the beginning of my journey - and I continually look back at my blogs from the beginning when I need a pick-me-up! It helps remind us how far we've come - and also that the journey is never over! :-)
Let's do it!
START A SPARKPAGE!
1) Click "My Trackers" on your Spark Toolbar above. This will take you to your main page. There on the right, in the "My Community" box you will see a "Create My SparkPage" link. Click that! This will allow you to fill out your page and set your profile settings. :)
GO PUBLIC & DECORATE!
1) Click "My Trackers" on your Spark Toolbad. On your main page, click the "View My SparkPage" link on the right.
2) Once on your page, you will see the "Edit My SparkPage" link on the right. Click it! It will load your edit page, where you can change the colors, background, and settings. Fill in the boxes and trackers there to make it your own!
3) At the top, you will see a section of checked boxes titled "More Options". Make sure that the top box, "Only allow Spark friends to see my page" is UNCHECKED. Also make sure that "turn my page offline" is UNCHECKED. Now, everyone can see your page and blogs!
4) Once you've filled in all the boxes and changed your settings, click the "Save My Changes" button on the right. Remember, there is a TON of stuff to update and make it your page - so look all the way down the screen because there are a ton of boxes and trackers to fill in - and you don't want to miss 'em!
1) Click "My Trackers" on your Spark Toolbad. On your main page, click the "Make a Blog Entry" link on the right. This will take you to your own blog page.
2) Click the "Add a Blog Entry" link. This will populate a new window that will allow you to post your blog. Write your blog, give it a title, and click the "Post Blog" button on the bottom. And voila! You are officially a blogger! ;-)
If you want an example of what your blog page will look like once you've been posting, you can see that here: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_j
Let's get sharing, everyone! I'm super excited to get to know all of you - and for us to all be able to help one another on this journey to lifelong health!
As always, if you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am here to help in any way that I can!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lifetime Weight Watcher since 2007 :-)
"If you're going through Hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill
"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
"I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are." - Milton Berle