I'm fairly new to sparkpeople.com in general, and I just got my Kinect about two weeks ago. I love the damn thing to bits.
I guess an intro to myself? I'm Jess! I like cats and doodling. I've always been on the slightly heavier side since I hit puberty (I was a stick as a kid) and during high school at 16-years-old I hit I believe about 150lbs as my lowest weight (I'm 5'9"). I'd like to get to about 175 - 180 to start with, as right now I am 25 and at 234 (yikes!).
I'm eating far, far better now than I ever have, so the diet is in order, but I have a few little queries I'd like to post with my intro!
1. Do any of you use some sort of heart rate/calorie tracking monitor? I'd really like to get one within a 40$ - 60$ price range that's as accurate as possible for the money.
2. I currently own Dance Central 2, Just Dance 3, Kinect Adventures and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved. Does anyone have any good opinions for what would be a decent daily workout routine involving those games? Currently mine looks like this:
Open with Dance Central 2, do 2-3 songs on Easy. Switch to Your Shape: Fitness Evolved and do Zen Stream 1, followed by the Nice n' Easy workout, then one or two of the gym games, ending with Zen Stream 2. I tend to take about a 5-7 minute break at this point because I am pooped, and I do maybe 1-2 more Dance Central 2 songs on Easy.
The above workout is the most I've done in a day, and I really have to push myself to get through it. My quadriceps are pretty stiff (though less now than when I started) after all that.
3. Gamertags! I know some of the games offer multiplayer, my gamertag is Cerbenrir if anyone would like to add me :) If possible, send a message saying you're from Sparkpeople! I am still a sad little newbie with all the dance games but I still have a great time dancing and acting ridiculous, haha.
Edit: 4. In addition, how do you guys track your Kinect workouts? I don't see an option in the fitness tracker on this site for Kinect/Your Shape workouts, what do you plug in? I feel like this will be rectified with a calories burned tracker device, but I'd still love suggestions.
5. And just for fun: What's your biggest food weakness? Mine definitely has to be Mac'n'Cheese. Whether homemade or blue box, I love the stuff.
Edited by: BOXINGCATS at: 8/21/2012 (11:17)
26 year old resident of Florida! I use the XBOX 360 to work out and am a beginner in DDP Yoga as of 4/14/2013 :) Always on the lookout for workout buddies!
- If you add me (feel free to!) please at least message that you are from Sparkpeople! :)
| current weight: 220.0