|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:|
1. I have traveled to four different countries.
2. I hate cheese. Yes, all cheese and even on pizza.
3. I graduated from CSU Stanislaus in May with a B.A. in English.
4. I love to read.
5. I love musicals.
6. I love taking pictures.
7. My favorite show of all time is Firefly.
8. My favorite drama is The Elephant Man.
9. My favorite comedy is Just Friends.
10. I love having fun.
1. I am a mother of a son and two step-children.
2. I was born and raised in Shipshewana, Indiana
3. I have lived in three different states...Indiana, Michigan, and North Carolina.
4. I went to Indiana University.
5. I am a teacher of Language Arts and U.S. History.
6. I finished my Master's degree in December with the Highest Distinction.
7. I was just laid off from a job I have taught at for 13 years.
8. I am happily married.
9. I love to bake.
10. I am walking in the Michigan Susan G. Komen 3Day for the Cure 60 mile walk in August.
1. I am raising three wonderful grandchildren--all boys and all 11 years old!
2. I enjoy gardening, tho I'm not very good at growing things.
3. I love traveling all over the U.S. and am looking forward to going to different countries soon.
4. I love roller coasters.
5. I hate my job, but I'm grateful to have it.
6. Never liked sports much, but recently became interested in baseball. Mainly the Red Sox. And only because if they win the 99 restaurant will let kids eat for free the next day.
7. I would love to go back to school (someday when I have time)
8. I love to drive for hours at a time.
9. I have been parasailing.
10. I enjoy volunteering.
Numero Uno: My name Kayla and I'm awesome, but we're all awesome.
Dos: I L-O-V-E LADY GAGA!!!! I'm kinda obsessed, not a big, I got it all in control.
Three: I recently lost my job, and recently started a new one.
4: I secretly hate, actually openly hate exercise. More of a loathing.
Five: I also LOVE Zumba!!! It's kinda weird, a lot like exercise..... Hmm...
Six: I love MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gaga to Groban I'm down..
7, Lucky Seven: I read. Not because I have to though, because I love it, favorite book ever: The Historian by: Elizabeth Kostova or A Wrinkle in Time or The Great Gatsby.. I can't decide....
OCHO!!: Doesn't ocho look like oucho? Lol. (that wasn't my fact) I'm a writer, I think I was born a writer, I write poetry, mostly stuff reminiscent of Pablo Neruda... I also write short stories, mostly all fiction...I'm not very good at all...
NINE: Another word I think looks weird in all caps.. I secretly want to become a teacher but will realistically become a restaurant owner/ manager.
10: My two dogs, Lacey or Lacie, the youngest, and Pebbles, the oldest. Both are Maltese-Poodles. Both are absolutely adoradable!! Lace is white and Pebbs is black with a white beard. They are the loves of my life and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for them.
1. I have a dog
2. I am trying to go back to school for my master's degree
3. I just bought my first car
4. I want to run a marathon
5. I love being out by the pool
6. My family is important to me
7. I love the Red Sox and Bucs
8. I love running
9. My favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast
10. I want to be a teacher
Ok, sounds fun...
1. I've been married almost 9 years.
2. My husband and I are on this weight loss journey together.
3. I have a boy (2) and a girl (6 months).
4. I have never lived more than 50 miles from where I live now.
5. I have been to nine countries and have at least nine more on my "must-see" list.
6. Prior to joining SparkPeople I had never lost more than 5 pounds.
7. Since joining SparkPeople I've already lost 8 pounds.
8. I really do like cooking, and my two year old likes it too!
9. I REALLY teased my husband when he asked for P90X last year for Christmas.
10. I'm now halfway through P90X.
I love this!
1. I have been married for 31 years.
2. I am a mother or three boys, 30, 28 and 26.
3. I am the grandmother of 5, step grandmom of 2 and one on the way!
4. I am a Mental Health Worker
5. I sing in a local Sweet Adelines Chorus, currently bass.
6. My favorite team sport is Dragon Boating.
7. I am learning Cake Decorating to replace my previous hobby of Pottery which bothered
8. I love to read non fiction.
9. I started Tai Chi lessons in January.
10.I live in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia Canada.
Edited by: TERESAMARIE1959 at: 2/5/2011 (20:43)
Start BMI 40.9
Pacific Daylight Savings Time for my Cat Friends.
Happiness is a state of activity.
What a great idea!!
1. I have been married 10 1/2 years
2. I have 3 children. (my daughter 7 and twin boys almost 5)
3. I love coffee!
4, I enjoy dark chocolate and salty items with red wine at the same time.
5. I love the beach but not for the water...I love reading and relaxing!
6. I am Obsessive Compulsive and love it most of the time because I am really organized!
7. I love running!!!!
8. I love muscles.
9. My friends are my true family.
10. Ryan Reynolds is my secret boyfriend but don't tell him I told you because he might pretend that he doesn't know what you are talking about. hehehe
Do your best and forget the rest!!!!
Ten things, huh? Let's see...
1. I got my Master's degree in August.
2. I'm a life-long Texan
3. Even though I've been landlocked for my entire life, I KNOW I belong on a beach!
4. I have the wonderful fortune to be married to my best friend.
5. I have three children (24, 20, and 11).
6. When I have free time I'm either reading or scrapbooking.
7. I would rather spend my time and money on experiences than on "stuff".
8. I wish I knew how to play the piano.
9. I love planning trips/vacations almost as much as actually going on them.
10. We've rescued our last two cats (we have a total of three now) and my kids are afraid I'll turn into a crazy cat lady. Won't happen.
Ten things about me:
1. I have 3 grown children - boy age 29 (almost), boy age 26, girl age 25 and will have a son-in-law in June
2. I live in the Worcester Hills of Massachusetts
3. I collect moose
4. I love to walk
5. I enjoy gardening - I raise vegetables and flowers
6. I love to can jams & jellies & relishes and other things as well -
7. I just started snowshoeing
8. I got married last August (after 17 1/2 years)
9. I like doing logic puzzles and sudoku
10. I always like learning new things
Be gentle towards all that is unsolved in your heart, and try to love the questions themselves --Rilke
It's never too late to be or do what you might have been or done!
Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different---MEZZOANGEL
Team Leader/Co-leader for Central MA Sparkers!, THIS is What a Feminist Looks Like, Eastern Star, and Psychologists et al. team
I love your body and soul group idea! Fantastic!
Here are my Ten items:
1.I am a breast cancer survivor having just had the chemo port removed from my chest last Nov.
2. I live in Japan
3. I am a mom with 3 daughters and a husband who works here
4. My daughters are all grown and working in New York
5. My mom just turned 86 and still lives by herself
6. Most of my family, brothers, live in California
7. I was born in Calif.
8. My sister and I have always struggled with our weight.
9. My brothers have no weight problems, I mean none!
10. I love to bike ride and hike!
Here are my 10:
1. I am a mother of three (all girls ages 5, 3, and 1)
2. I am a chemistry teacher (high school).
3. I have been married for 12-1/2 years to my high school sweetheart - we started dating when I was in 8th grade and he was in 10th grade.
4. I play the flute.
5. I love to read (it's one of my rewards when I work out - otherwise, when would I have time?). I especially like Lora Leigh, Nora Roberts, and Linda Howard.
6. I am starting a "Body and Soul" group at my church this February - 30-60 minutes of physical exercise followed by 10-15 minutes of spiritual exercise!
7. My favorite quote is from Henry Ford: "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right."
8. My favorite Bible verse is Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
9. I look forward to taking my girls to Walt Disney World sometime within the next 3 years.
10. My husband and I are in the process of selling our home so we can buy my late grandmother's house (which my grandfather built and they moved into in 1953).
OK- I will play
1. I am an unemployed nurse practitioner
2. I have two dogs, one a pound hound, one is a retired guide dog.
3. I have been married 17 years to my husband, who I met in the Peace Corps.
4. I lived in Africa for almost 7 years.
5. We are in the middle of renovating our house.
6. I enjoy knitting, but I am just a beginner
7. I love to cook and bake.
8. I volunteer at The Christian Mission working in the warehouse.
9. I love to buy fresh flowers at the farmer's market in the summer
10. My favorite color is Green.
1. I am a University Professor
2. I live in Hawaii
3. I, too, have dyed my hair so many times I don't know what color it is!
4. I have a wonderful husband
5. I have an adorable rescue dog (Basenji Mix??) named Phillip
6. I love to read fiction.
7. I love to travel! We are planning a trip to Amsterdam this summer.
8. I love to hike.
9. My not-so secret weakness is chocolate.
10.I once attended a Rolling Stones concert in Istanbul.
"A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." -- William Shedd
here are ten of my favorite things:
reading, fleetwood mac, zinias, lavender, writing, sparkpeople, the beach, losing weight!, my family and ...the weeeeekend!!!
Co-Leader, The Peppy Party, Join us!!
Slow and steady - this time is the last - aiming for consistency.
A get to know each other game...it's simple, just tell us 10 things about yourself!
I'll start it off.
1. I am a mother of 3. My boys are 15 and 13 and my daughter is 5.
2. I have been married 17 years to my high school sweetheart who I started dating 21 years ago.
3. I enjoy reading. A lot. Pretty much anything.
4. I write. Not necessarily because I enjoy it, but because I HAVE to.
5. I've dyed my hair for so long that I'm not sure what colour it would be if I didn't. (Though I know now that it has a lot of gray/silver in it.)
6.My husband and I own our own computer shop. He is the best computer tech in town (and in surrounding towns).
7. I worked for several years at a transitional home for the mentally disabled. I cooked, administered meds, cleaned, oversaw chores, handled crisis, and helped maintain the house and grounds. I really loved it. I worked there until the house closed (state didn't have enough funding to continue). That was my only job as an adult.
8. I wish I was a better gardener. I've always suspected I would enjoy gardening, but my thumbs are no shade close to green!
9. I collect toys and fun things. Strawberry shortcake, Care Bears, Cabbage Patch Kids, dolls, those mini-cars, stuffed animals....and so on...
10. I also collect polar bears and polar bear items in general. Maybe it's their power and beauty, but I've always loved them.
I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence. (F. Douglass)