|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
i started this at 248.8 pounds and am hoping i can lose at least 50 in one year.
Brandyn--San Antonio, Tx
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?” A. A. Milne
Stay focused and you will succeed.
Remember you don't have to do this alone, there is so much help and support here at SP. And your starting out the right way with small goals.
Suzanne - Matthews, NC
BLC 23-25 GroOvy GeCko Captain
BLC 21 & 22
Co-Captain of the GrOovy GeCKos!
"Dreams come true one choice at a time"
"Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels"
"Being fat is hard. Being fit is hard. Choose your hard."
"Dreams are extremely important. You can't do it unless you imagine it." -- George Lucas
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
I've lurked on this site on and off for a year or more, with the idea that this whole lifestyle change will happen with little to no effort on my part. I guess I thought everyone else's work will somehow transfer to me by osmosis??Obviously, I was wrong! I need to do a little work to get back on track.
Here are my quick stats:
- 37 year old working mom in Boston (work in Cambridge)
- I have an almost 3 year old daughter, 17 year old stepdaughter, and a 19 year old stepson
- I have a wonderful husband who supports my decisions and doesn't make me feel like I need to lost weight to make him love me more
- I try my best to work to live, not live to work
- I love to cook, but even better, love to eat my husband's cooking!
My first steps have been to get a streak going and start enjoying my life a little more. Already I've brought my lunch to work 3 days in a row, cut out sodas, and gotten at least 10 min of exercise each day since last Wednesday. And I feel a little happier! I'd say that's progress.
Good luck to all of you and I hope we can chat more about our progress together :)