I'd be a wealthy man if I could trade fat for gold,
but I would be better off if I can trade that fat for health.
I am Richard and Live in Victorville. I am glad to meet you all. I have 145+ pounds to loose and I've lost 24.5 lb. since Dec 24, 2012. My only exercise at the moment is walking. I've been walking for the last 3 weeks + and I am up to 2 miles of walking a day. I purchased a pedometer to track steps, miles and calories burned.
The hardest part was starting. Mary one of five daughters started nagging about not walking even to the corner. I finally responded ďwhat's so important about walking to the cornerĒ and Mary said ďto see whatís there.Ē I repliedĒ I already know whatís thereĒ and she exclaimedĒ how do you know if you do not go and look for yourself!Ē I walked to the corner and she was right. I saw that I had a hard time making it to the corner and had lots of pain in my knees and feet.
Come on folks I am nearly 60 and was carrying 309 pounds to the dinner table each night. Most nights I sit and eat in my recliner while others eat at the table. Previously I signed up for SP but never used it and that was in 2007.
Instead during the summer of 2007, I went to weight watchers and I was spending 2 to 3 hours each day during doing water aerobics and lost 56 pounds in 3 months. Well weight watchers changed instructors and the aerobics class was no longer available or convenient to a high school schedule. Losing the fitness level I had attained and regaining the weight back is bad enough, now listen to my excuse.
1. Put food in front of me and Iíll eat it.
2. Put all that food on the table and Iíll eat all of it.
3. Youíre the one bringing cookies, cake, candy, and ice cream into the house.
4. If I make diet food everybody else eats it, no leftovers for tomorrow.
5. Exercising without buoyancy is more difficult.
6. I donít like to sweat.
7. I chemically burned my feet and could barely walk for three months.
8. I quit exercising because Ron, ex-assistant principal, only wanted to exercise 15 minutes a day three times a week.
9. Why join a gym when Iíll feel so self-conscious and quit going.
10. Itís not like I am going to be an object of desire.
11. Itís Sunday
12. Itís Monday
13. Itís Tuesday
14. Itís Wednesday
15. Itís Thursday
16. Itís Friday
17. Itís Saturday
Get the message. I was miserable and I was making everybody in the house upset because I was blaming Margaret and not taking responsibility as to what I put in my mouth.
On the other side I admired anybody that got off their butt to start exercising. Iíd see fat people waddling down the street. I would say a silent pray for God to watch out for them and prayed that they have somebody at home that loves and cherish them.
Edited by: RKJONES1953 at: 3/2/2013 (19:36)
| current weight: 312.0