|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Welcome to Sparkpeople. Be sure to take advantage of all the great free online sources available here, such as the nutrition and fitness trackers. Also, the online community is great. We are all here to offer support when you need it, or celebrate your successes with you.
Here are some links that will help you navigate the site and get started!
* SparkPeople's User Guide:
* New Member Tutorial Videos:
* For Additional Motivation:
Take this first week to familiarize yourself with the tools here. Once you get used to using them, it becomes easier to use them even when you are busy. Personally, I spent my first week learning to use the tools, and just tracking everything I was already eating and doing for exercise. It gave me a baseline to work from. It also gave me a chance to really decide what my goals were, and how to get there.
This site can only provide the support and the tools to reach these goals. You need to put the hard work in. Personally, I end up kicking my own butt every day. Feel free to check out my blogs to see how I kick my butt out the door to get my fitness in. I can tell you, once I am finished with my exercise for the day, I feel great. No more I should do this and I should do that. Instead, I feel accomplished, and able to relax and enjoy the rest of my day.
Saskatchewan Time Zone
You can not change yesterday - it's done.
You can only dream of tomorrow.
The only day you can change is today.
What are you going to do today to reach your goals of tomorrow?
It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it GREAT
Go little Turtle Go!
Welcome! So glad you have joined us.
I used to shut the skinny me up with chocolate, now I shut the fat me up with a 4 mile walk
leader of Alberta Losers are winners, live in Alberta Canada? Join us for local support
Me In 5:
1. My name is Cindy. I am happily married to my best friend and soul mate and we have two beautiful children.
2. I have been overweight for so long I don't remember being at a healthy weight (more than 15 years)
3. I finally realized I deserve to be healthy and am prepared to fight my way, every day, back to the healthiest, happiest Mom, wife, and woman I can be!
4. I will lose over 100lbs to do this and am nervously looking forward to this journey!
5. I would love to connect with positive, like-minded people who want to stay motivated with me as we make healthy choices and work towards a better tomorrow!
"You must do the things you think you cannot do!" - Eleanor Roosevelt