I am new to the Tosca Reno approach, so others will have to jump in if I'm off course, but I have attempted to eat cleaner since being on the South Beach Diet Team here on SP for over a year and a half; we advocate "real food" versus packaged foods. Real food can be expensive. That's a fact. However, if you cut out the junk, you may find that your grocery bill can be about the same.
Some tips for savings:
- know your grocery prices
- stock up on sales
- look to the bulk section
- WARNING: bulk prices are not always less
- whole grains, beans and lentils are cheap; learn to use them
- eat at home, eat out less
- cook in batches and fill the freezer
- eat only in-season fresh produce
- stock up on frozen veggies and berries in the summertime when the prices are lowest
- frozen and dried foods are often less expensive than canned
Typically real food doesn't come with a coupon, it comes with love from your kitchen.
Edited by: PRAIRIEDAWNPAM at: 6/15/2009 (12:19)
Sparking and living a South Beach Diet lifestyle since October 15 2007!
-Return to my goal weight
- Complete a super-sprint triathlon
- Look good in a bikini
"Do good, live healthy and become significant!"
CO-LEADER SOUTH BEACH DIET TEAM
| current weight: 125.0