|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
10 things about me.....
1. I am from VA
2. Mother of 2
3. LOVE my family
4. Work in conservation
5. Live in the country
6. LOVE animals
7. great cook
8. Tired of being overweight
9. Enjoy Aquaerobics
10. Ready for change
Taking a deep breath......
Leader of Breathing Deep!
Leader of the YMCA ROCKS!
Changing her life one breath at a time... www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
OK...my turn...probably won't be as interesting as the others but here goes!
1 I am 62
2 I have been happily married for 42 years
3 I have 5 children
4 I have 5 grandchildren
5 I love coffee
6 I love wine....
7 I love to travel with my family
8 I have a sweet tooth...probably why I joined Spark People!
9 I am going to lose 25 or 30 pounds
10 I love LifeLift
1. Grew up in the city, but I knew chickens didn't lay eggs right into the carton, nor cows give milk right into the bottles (Bottles!!! Boy that dates me!!! 72 last October)
2. Been to Asia but never to Europe.
3. In the city: one grandmother had an ICEBOX...the iceman cameth to deliver the big block of ice; the other grandmother had a big wood stove in the kitchen with a silent butler that brought wood up from the basement by turning a handle. This was the 40's.
4. I remember the knife sharpener coming around every few month to sharpen knives and scissors. His cart had two wheels and he pushed it around.
5. A truck came around every week to sell produce.
6. A bakery truck came around to sell bread, cakes and doughnuts.
7. A panel truck came around once a week to pick up the dirty clothes and bring back the clean ones: His truck said "Curly Span the Cleaning Man".
8. When we moved when I was 8, I dreamed that I was accidentally back at my old school and didn't know how to get home. (Wow! that dream made a big impression on me!)
9. I love jokes (but you already knew that)
10. I hate to cook. Makes dieting reeeeally hard.
If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence it's probably astro turf.
Had to laugh at the order I put these in after I typed them--so here are 10 random things about me in NO particular order:
1. I cannot whistle
2. I tie my shoes lefty but am a righty (mom taught me that way since her mom was a lefty--my husband taught our daughter to tie!)
3. I love animals. Have had several dogs and cats both inside and outside animals, now have inside border collie who loves outside too!
4. Farmer's daughter.
5. live on farm I grew up on, unfortunately, land is gone, due to development and flood plain projects but still have 3 acres and home and barn left.
6. Worked at same place for almost 16 years but we've moved 4 times.
7. Married 26 years this May.
8. Love Disney World, take daughter every 5 years since she was 5. We are going in May again!
9. Was chaperone on Girl Scout Cruise in 2006--quite an experience, never do it again. Middle/High School girls are too boy crazy!!
10,. Very active at church.
1) My hair is still mostly black - I'm 60. I've just begun to dye my "sideburns" sometimes.
2) My husband is the coolest accountant: he surfs and he skis and he's really really good at both sports.
3) I am a yoga teacher.
4) Because of my enormous weight gain and lack of movement after my mother got sick - then more after she died - I stopped doing yoga and am just barely getting back some of my flexibility.
5) I have had several cats throughout my life and they are each a unique joy.
6) I love to be outdoors - but during my bad times I barely moved outside ever.
7) I have lived a lot of different places - even as a child.
8) We really live in California, but have been in Illinois since March 2011 to go through my parents home - they were rare and wonderful people who left writing, their own art, and books that deserve to be treated with love and care. It's complicated and we're still here.
9) I love Thai food.
10) I am a vegan again - went into a stage of eating just everything - mostly junk food - during the hard times. Maybe there's a coincidence with all that weight gain? Duh!
"What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding." Elvis Costello
"A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise." A.A. Milne
"I think I can. I think I can. I think I can." The Little Engine Who Could
Team Leader Happy Herbivore team.