Hey! I'm almost 53, been eating Paleo/Ancestral/Primal for nearly two years now (I've eliminated 60 pounds of fat), and have never regretted dumping the gluten.
I know it seems a little daunting at first because it is hard to image living without 'a Pizza or hamburger or a yeast roll ever again'... and thinking like that is what makes it harder. It is possible to come close to the tastes these things provide without eating gluten products... it just takes a readjustment in how you think about food (you have to cook differently and think outside the box).
We have done this as a family, and when we were trying to find replacements for things like bread, pizza, cakes, cookies we were eternally disappointed... because nothing really tastes the same as a gluten product. As soon as we looked at it as a new food adventure, we discovered a joy in food we never had before because we no longer struggled with cravings, or an out of control appetite. For me feeling well for the first time in my life continues to be a HUGE motivator. I also have a young daughter who I want to see grow up and have a life of her own... that wasn't going to happen if I continued down the path I was on.
Perhaps seeing all of the positives and really understanding the concept of Ancestral eating would be first step:
Check out the following:
Paleo/Prima l/Ancestral www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messagebo
Paleo... Do you really know what you're talking about? www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_
*COMPREHENSIVE* Ancestral Nutrition Resource www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_
Also, check these out:
• Whole 30 (FREE on-line)whole9life.com/2012/01/whole-30-v2012/
• The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Eating Paleo www.paleoplan.com/2012/04-03/the-complete-
• Mark's Daily Apple (FREE on-line... subscribe to the newsletter) www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-1
Better yet, buy Primal BluePrint and follow the guidelines!
• The Domestic Man thedomesticman.com/about/
Here are a great list of resources as well (definitely check out the sites geared specifically to women *... we are more vulnerable to the hormonal impact of diet changes):
• Five (slightly different) flavours of the paleo diet www.dansplan.com/blog/787-five-slightly-di
• 6 Years of MDA All Organized!!! (Mark Scisson)www.marksdailyapple.com/archives/#axzz1yXz
• Beyond Paleo: from a Paleo diet to a Paleo template (Chris Kresser)chriskresser.com/beyondpaleo
I also have a ton of resources in my photo gallery... click on any photo and in the comments section will be a list of resources!
Holler if you need any help!
Edited by: _RAMONA at: 8/22/2013 (23:06)
| current weight: 135.0