Was craving something sweet so bad yesterday!!!! Had pinned some paleo treats not too long ago so decided to try them. All I have to say is, "oh my goodness!" lol So, thought I would share . . .
These were delish - the kids loved them.
Better For You Chocolate Chip Cookies (grain free, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free)
Makes about a dozen
Adapted from Detoxinista
1 cup raw almond butter
1/4 cup raw honey (you can use slightly more or less based on your preference)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup Enjoy Life chips (more/less if you like)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line cookie sheet with non-stick foil.(I used parchment)
2. In a bowl, whisk all ingredients (except the chips) together. When combined, gently fold in chips to incorporate.
3. Using a regular spoon, spoon about 2 TBSP worth of batter onto the cookie sheet, about 1.5 inches about. The batter is loose, but it actually doesn't spread a lot.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes (until just slightly firm). Remove from oven and let cool for another 10 minutes on the cookie sheet. This is important to make sure they "set up" right.
5. Remove cookies from sheet and allow to finish cooling on a cookie rack. Store in an airtight container.
These were amazing as well. I used the cheaper dates (since that was what I had) and they seemed a little dry so I added 6 big frozen blueberries instead of water. My boys said they tasted like cookie dough - they were quite good!
Homemade Larabars Recipe – Almond Coconut
Homemade Larabars are no bake and have no added sugar.
1-1/3 cup pitted Medjool dates
1 cup raw almonds
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup coconut
⅛ tsp salt (optional)
Combine dates, almonds, vanilla, coconut and salt in a food processor and puree until combined and sticking together.
If the mixture seems a bit too dry, add water and continue to puree. You probably won’t need it.
Remove mixture from bowl and for bar shaped pieces, press it down onto a cutting board and form into a square or rectangle. Cut into 10-12 square or bar shaped pieces.
Chill until eaten.
These do end up a bit stickier than Larabars. I would suggest wrapping each bar in wax paper if you want to take them on-the-go.
Read more at http://theysmell.com/homemade-larabars/#5TRjL4sSg6JgS11o.99
| current weight: 158.6