Author: Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:
LYNDALOVES2HIKE's Photo LYNDALOVES2HIKE Posts: 33,955
3/9/12 6:28 P

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
Exercise is great for our bodies, creating health and keeping our blood flowing - it is an essential part of life! But - it's not necessarily going to result in losing weight because it's only part of the overall picture - they say that what we eat accounts for 80% of the weight loss and exercise determines the other 20% as well as making sure we will keep it off. The thing is, the scale is only part of the picture, too, because people who 'lose weight' without exercising tend to lose lean muscle mass, bone and other essential things, which causes them to gain it all right back quickly and usually end up heavier than before. Exercise will help preserve the muscle mass and bone, maintains the hormones we need to keep our body healthy [such as leptin, ghrelin, adiponectin to name a few hormones]. But 'just' exercising is not the best way to lose weight unless it's combined with good nutrition, nutrient balancing and other aspects of good health. Hope this helps!

Lynda in Orange County, So Calif

***********************

God Grant me Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change, Courage to Change the things I can and Wisdom to Know the difference!

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. -- John Wooden

"Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit."


 December Minutes: 0
 
0
250
500
750
1000
LIVERIGHTNOW's Photo LIVERIGHTNOW Posts: 11,987
3/6/12 10:19 P

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
fun and moving your body is a good thing!. Are you elevating your heart rate or sweating?

Kris
California
Pacific Time DST
DON'T QUIT...RE-COMMIT
BLC24 SW185
BLC24 goal EW: 177.5
BLC 25 SW 180
BLC 25 goal 169 !!!!!
BLC 26 SW: 169.5
BLC 26 goal: 160


 current weight: 162.5 
 
208
195.5
183
170.5
158
SAMMI649 SparkPoints: (32)
Fitness Minutes: (0)
Posts: 2
3/6/12 8:49 P

Send Private Message
Reply
Has anyone lost any weight doing Zumba 2-3x per week??? It is fun but am I wasting my time? emoticon

Page: 1 of (1)  

Report Innappropriate Post

Other Spark California - The Official Team Introduce Yourself to Team Forum Posts

Topics: Last Post:
I am new here, and here are my "excuses"... 7/11/2014 9:35:51 PM
hi I am really happy to have found this site 6/8/2014 11:09:29 AM
New to SP & looking for support! 4/9/2014 12:18:39 AM
Hello 2/7/2014 8:35:07 AM
Hi 7/25/2014 10:09:33 PM

Thread URL: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=-1x27971x46943088

Review our Community Guidelines