My job at times requires a lot of traveling, and that was one big concern I had when I started the program.
How do you deal with MediFast and Traveling?
Here are my "tips" (probably nothing new, but I've found it helpful for me):
1) If you are flying, avoid packing the premade shakes as they WILL get held back. You will then have to either open the package or submit to a full body/luggage scan. When this happened to me, I was fortunate, as it was nearly meal time and I just drank my opened MF shake. I suppose if you bring tape or some sort of rubbermaid, you might be fine.
2) I estimate how many days I will be away and add at least 1 day just in case something happens and my flight is delayed.
3) I plan out all my meals in advance in individual Ziplock baggies.
4) I stick with the bars, the pretzels, the puffs, and accent with shakes and hot cocoa. If my hotel room has a microwave and/or a refrigerator, I'll include pudding and the brownies/soft bakes.
5) Along with the meals, I include a ceramic mug for the cocoa (but I've found it's better to buy a coffee with room at Starbucks or Peet's or whatever coffee shop you prefer and use that to make your drink, a ceramic bowl for soup and pudding, a wire whisk for pudding and shakes, and a tablespoon for the soft bakes.
Anyone else have any tips or advice?
"If you really want to do something, you do it, you don't save it for a sound bite"
| current weight: 6.0 over